“Phenomenal!”

Cuisines: Italian
Chicago
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Service & food100% spot on! Most delicious Italian.....done PERFECT! Family owned by very good people who go the extra mile to make you feel special! Only the finest ingredients used. Large portions and special requests catered to! Met " Papa" , his two sons and wife! Phenomenal people! We will return many times!

• Visited December 2013

Florida
“Unbelievable find”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Let me tell you a little story. I just finished a days work in Marion, NC and it's 9PM, everything is closed but this Italian restaurant. I pull in, get a cordial greeting, look at the menu and order Linguini with white clam sauce. BTW, this is always my test of a good Italian restaurant.

I don't expect much but the server serves the salad, well put together and clean. She comes out with the linguini and clam sauce and it looks like what I get in NY, heavy garlic, oil, seasoning, lots of clams, I mean LOTS of clams, some red pepper. Simple but clean.

I taste it and it is incredible. I call my fiancé back in NY and tell her about the find. I'm eating and talking and I see the chef walk out of the back. He looks like an owner, just by the way he carries himself and it looked like he had a long day. I stand up and ask, "did you make this meal" He says "Yes" - I then ask are you the owner, He replied "Yes". I slip him $20 and say, "This is the best clam sauce I have ever had."

We get to talking and he is from NY and transplanted his 6 kids to Marion, NC a decade ago. He is the nicest person and his son is friendly and talkative and we kibitz about NY and NC and I get this feeling like I just made a friend.

All I can say is Marion, NC has a wonderful, clean and quality Italian restaurant that is reasonably priced but above all, serves GREAT food. With the combination of GREAT food and genuinely nice people, I have to say that I made a memory tonight and I just wanted to share this with whoever reads this. Ask for Eddie - He is truly a good human being, appears to be a good father and above all, he can cook.

Eddie - I'm proud to have met you.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tkaiserman
Berlin, Connecticut
“The Colonel's loss is Marion's gain!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Let's get this out in the open right away. I'm a Connecticut Italian-American. If you pronounce "manicotti" the way it's spelled, you may not understand my situation.

I travel a lot on business, and every once in a while, I will actually be seized by an adventurous mood (the kind I assume cliff divers, fire-eaters and bungee-jumpers are perpetually feeling) and will attempt an Italian restaurant outside the Northeast. Generally, this mood is quickly cured by the heartbreak of what passes for "Italian food" in various small towns.

After having experienced this heartbreak in relation to a "little" place across town in Marion, I was asked by a business acquaintance to give Eddie's a try.

So, Eddie's is located in what appears to be an old KFC building. No faux marble, not much in the way of decoration.

What they had was actual Italian food, well-made and freshly prepared. I went for lunch and had spaghetti and meatballs and a salad. The spaghetti was cooked al dente, as it should be (this is NOT always a given south of the mason-Dixon line). The sauce was not canned. It was good. (Good may not seem like high praise, but understand the only excellent Italian food anybody will admit to comes from his mother and wife.)

I plan to go back when in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Foley, Alabama
“Very Surprised!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were surprised to find really good italian food in this hole in the wall place. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed the food. I wanted to try the canoli but was too full. If I'm ever in the area again, I would definitely come back.

• Visited October 2013
“Family Friendly”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

In advance of us coming to the area, we looked for a restaurant to accommodate the gathering of family from 6 states to meet for dinner. Sammie made arrangements for us and they provided us with the best service and food. We felt at home catching up with each other, having gone years without seeing some of our extended family members from far away. Thank you so much!

• Visited September 2013