“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marion
bolivia, nc
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Overall experience was excellent...a little disappointed in the breakfast but the worker said that they were in the process of changing the breakfast buffet. Upon check-in we were greeted by a very friendly night manager and we were very happy with our very clean and comfortable room. I will add the Hampton Inn chain to my small list of hotels that we frequent. If I am in the area again I will gladly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We look forward to seeing you again real soon

Richard Liebeck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Whole experience started with a very friendly face that greeted us warmly as we checked in. As we looked around hotel we were very happy to see a clean well kept hotel. You can tell this hotel has been very well taken care of. Fitness room was great, heated pool was a warm welcome along with spa. All employees I seen all had warm smiles and greetings. This is by far our favorite Hampton Inn. Will be back very soon!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you can stay with us again real soon.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night and arrived around 6pm for check-in. Upon arrival the lady behind the counter was so friendly and had our room keys already marked and waiting for us. We realized, however, that she had us in a ground level room and asked if there was any way to get a higher floor. She quickly said it was no problem and changed out our keys. They also had complimentary snacks out which consisted of assorted chips, and cookies, juices and bottled water. It was a nice surprise. We asked about dining recommendations and she was extremely helpful and even made copies of menus for us.

The lobby was clean and showed well, our room was also clean and tastefully decorated. We had a dorm size refrigerator and microwave in the room. The king size bed was comfortable and if I had one complaint it would be the small, uncomfortable pillows. Despite the pillows though we did have a very restful nights sleep. The bath was bright, clean and had good water pressure.

The complimentary continental breakfast was ok ~ I've had a better variety from other Hampton Inns. They offered fruit, assorted pastries, juices, water, a waffle iron, toast, and frozen assorted biscuits (they were actually awful) but it's nice to have a little something to eat in the morning without having to leave the hotel.

As a side note we used a taxi service while in town - Victory Cab Company 828-460-2368 - it's operated by retired police officers. They were prompt, friendly and the vehicles were clean. We used them for New Years Eve and I would highly recommend them.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solon, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I don't think I've ever had a bad stay at a Hampton Inn and this one was no different. Nice breakfast buffet, clean and comfortable rooms, an exercise room that is actual functional, what else can I say? The one knock against this place is the location. Be prepared to have to do some driving to get to any restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, July 6, 2014

General Manger
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2012

not a warm welcome - asked a question and was handed a sheet of paper (regarding nearby drugstores). Beds ok - not great. Good shower. breakfast - awful! A bunch of sandwiches in paper bags with numbers that you microwaved. Microwaved #3 and #7 - they were awful and tossed in the trash. NO fresh food at this hampton inn. Would not recommend especially since there were quite a few hampton inns around the area. Paid too much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kcebeil, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. However, I would also like to apologize for the level of service you received as well. I want you to know that we appreciate your business and we will address the issues you mentioned. The next time you are in town please visit us again, we would love another chance to provide a great stay for you and your family. Thank you for your comments

Richard Liebeck
Hampton Inn of Marion, NC.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Arrived at Hampton Inn Marion after a six hour drive. Was greeted warmly, checked in quickly and given two warm chocolate chip cookies. The lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas. My room was large, comfortable and clean. Self service breakfast offered many selections. Had cold cereal with fruit, coffee and english muffin. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We realize you have many lodging options and we are honored that you chose us.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Hampton Inn never disappoints. Will continue to be the first hotel that I look for in cities where I travel. Clean rooms, reasonable rates, good breakfast, etc. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Hate that we have to leave.

Stayed November 2012

Richard Liebeck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Black Mountain
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Morganton

Been to Hampton Inn Marion? Share your experiences!