“Nothing Special”

Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

FATZ is nothing special. I went there during lunch and for me it was mediocre food at a mediocre restaurant. I had the salmon with a jalapeño herb cream and a side of asparagus. I'm very glad that I made the decision to have the sauce on the side, it wasn't appealing at all. The salmon was very dry and over done, and my asparagus was very thick, undercooked (in a stringy hard to eat kind if way), and it lacked in taste in general. I'm not a big fan of these kinds of restaurants in general but I believe in giving everything a shot at least once or twice. It was nothing special. In my opinion, not worth the time or money.

CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We are sorry to hear the taste and quality of Salmon Herb Creme and asparagus were below average. We agree that this is unacceptable, and it does not live up to the high standards we expect of our team. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback as we can’t get better without it.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is our 3rd time at Fatz. It is on our way home from Brevard to Sugar Mountain. We normally get there around 3:00 in the afternoon so we have an early supper, late lunch. Each time the food has been very good. Service is friendly and we haven't had any wait issues. I normally have the trios so I can have a variety. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Similar to Applebees, Chili's or Ruby Tuesday, this place has your typical American fare, but maybe has a little more variety than some of the others listed. I ate here twice on a recent business trip as it's one of just a few restaurants close by to the facility, and both times, the food was good, prepared as ordered and served relatively quick. Overall, it's a good, warm and friendly place where you're sure to find something you'll like.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went and had two entrees. I had a burger and she had some salmon. My burger was pretty good. The fries were underdone for my liking. While her salmon looked good, it was extremely overdone to the point of being dry. The waitress was nice and the restaurant was clean. I can't say that I would return if given the option.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had lunch with several business colleagues. The waitress was the friendliest, most attentive and charming I have ever experienced. The rolls fresh out of the over were fantastic. I had a shrimp soup which was good. The chicken wrap had a taste I did not like and could not eat more than a few bites. My colleagues ate their food with no complaints. The servings were very generous.