“Where the locals eat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Countryside BBQ

Countryside BBQ
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, NC
“Where the locals eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I was in Marion for work and decided to give Countryside a try. I knew it must be good based on the crowded parking lot. I seated myself and was promptly greeted. I had the chopped BBQ plate. My plate was brought to me very quickly. The BBQ was fresh, the sauce (served on the side which was nice for this eastern BBQ gal) was delicious. The okra and corn were standard but the hushpuppies and sweet tea were great! The place appeared to be full of locals and I liked that by the register you could buy local jellies, bread, and other goodies. Definitely a good place for local flavor.

• Visited October 2013

Decatur, Georgia
“5 Star Barbeque!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love Barbeque and I love this place! I always try to stop on my way traveling to Foscoe from Decatur GA. Everything is tasty and I think their sauce is near perfect. The wait staff is well trained and so North Carolina! They give you little half size pitchers of whatever your drinking. Great Value!

The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is - hey, it is Barbeque afterall.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Royal Oak, Maryland
“Good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stop here on the way from Blue ridge GA on our way to Hatteras NC.Some of the best BBQ I have had in a while.Wouldnt go by again with out stopping..

• Visited July 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
“Loved the Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped in on a Tuesday evening and they had a Rib special. I couldn't resist. I had fried okra and French fries with mine. My wife had a chicken salad crescent which she said was very good. Both of us had more food than we should have even though I stuffed all of mine in. Traveling I couldn't take the ribs with me so I had to eat them. I was happy and miserable at the same time. Can't wait to go back to Marion. We love this place.
Started going there many years ago under different management. When the current owner took over he picked up the same tradition and good food as the prior owner. Great job turning over the helm.
The staff is wonderful as well, wouldn't want to leave them out. Thanks!
See you on our next trip.
I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good sit down country meal. Weekend breakfast bar used to be awesome...just can't seem to make it there for that again.

• Visited August 2013
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“Where the locals eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

If you're on the Blue Ridge Parkway or on I40 this is the place to stop for good smoked chicken or pork bbq.

• Visited August 2013