“A new favorite place to eat!”
Review of Countryside BBQ

Countryside BBQ
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After only one visit, my husband and I have a new favorite place to eat -- Countryside BBQ in Marion, NC. I don't know how we have overlooked this great place to eat. It is only 20 miles from our home. We went for dinner on a Saturday evening. We both got the small chopped BBQ place, with regular fries (they have three varieties) and coleslaw (two varieties). The serving size was very generous. All one adult could eat. And, we both got a tray of hushpuppies with our meals. No matter what beverage you order, you get your glass filled and also your own pitcher of the beverage served on your table. The pork BBQ was excellent, so juicy and tender, with a true smoky flavor. The BBQ sauce was served on the side (a sweeter, tomato-base sauce). A vinegar-style sauce was on the table. The hushpuppies were fantastic. And, please try the homemade blackberry cobbler. It is delicious. We want to try everything on the menu. Great service, great value, and great food.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent food, large variety, reasonable price, friendly staff, good location, easy in/out, plenty of parking and seating capacity.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place gets pretty crowded, but it's worth the wait, in my opinion. I live in Texas, but grew up in Ga, and have missed good pork BBQ, and this didn't disappoint. They also include hush puppies with your meal, which seemed a little odd to me at a BBQ place, but they were good, nonetheless, as was the Sweet tea. The next time I'm in the area, I will come back here.

1  Thank TexasRonA
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love BBQ, so I tend to be pretty picky about "so called" good BBQ but I have to admit the other reviewers are right on target! My husband had chicken strips and thought they were great. He also ordered a salad which was not iceberg lettuce but the real stuff. The service was great and FAST. Great place to eat, seat yourself...so if you see an open table you'd better grab it!

1  Thank cMac_OnTheGo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although known as a BBQ restaurant, our favorite is the smoked chicken--excellent. Plenty of unadorned vegetables to choose from plus the usual BBQ sides. They offer specials each weekday which might include slow cooked roast beef, spagetti, half a chicken, etc. And the service is very quick--which should please you travelers needing to move along.