“Worth looking for a mile or so off the Interstate!”
Review of Countryside BBQ

Countryside BBQ
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Barbecue
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worth looking for a mile or so off the Interstate!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were looking for a good late lunch on our way back from TN. and thought barbecue sounded like something we wanted that day. We weren't sure when we got off the interstate and had to go searching for it (good signs, thankfully). It was about a mile away and it included a right turn when you were into an area that didn't look like we were still looking for a business. It is just a simple country type barbecue restaurant that blew us away with just how good everything was. My son had their barbecue and my husband was wishing he had ordered it once he got a taste, but had been afraid it was going to be like the Eastern Carolina barbecue that is very vinegar based, so he had passed it up. It was a delicious red barbecue sauce and just the plain meat that you put it on was delicious without it. We all enjoyed their potatoes and I loved their BLT's! Very thick tasty bacon on it, best I could have asked for. I got filled up from the potatoes, tasting everyone elses food, and the first half of my sandwich so the waitress was worried there was something wrong or that I just didn't like it. Even she got a chuckle out of it when I said I was too full to eat it all, but it didn't stop me from taking the bacon off the other half since it was so good. We want to make a pit stop a mile off the interstate anytime that we drive that way. Oh, the barbecue was so good that when we found they were selling it along with other items at the register, we bought a pint which has already been put on shredded pork that we had and made for some very good sandwiches at home :-).

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank sneezymom

Avery County NC
“good solid place to eat with great hush puppies”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We cruised in, seated ourselves, waitress stephanie was right there taking our drink order. I ordered the small bbq plate and my companion had the large bbq plate. Both plates arrived together with good sized portions. We both had the chopped bbq i dont believe they offered sliced with a tangy little sauce...i had fried okra and potato salad neither great but not bad...now the hush puppies....they were great...i would go just to eat the hushpuppies....o and i would have a pie of coconut pie too...that was very good...

the serve was fast and friendly, the food came out pretty quick and way well done...i ask my companion why my servings looked as large as his...he point out that my plate was smaller...sometimes you hate dining with captain obvious. Over all a great place for a quick good meal.. cost was 22 dollars and the 5 buck tip...but for that we had a great lunch...the chopped pork sammie was under 4 bucks and there were lots of other options than bbq...

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank strollingbonez
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the one”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Your search is over....this is the place stomach dreams are made of

1 Thank Ray-camp
Hendersonville, NC
“For Countryside - we don't mind the ride. Great barbeque!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We discovered Countryside BBQ while our children were in college in Chapel Hill and Greensboro. Many times, we would plan our drive around mealtime just to have an excuse to stop there. The barbeque is always excellent - the sauce is just sweet enough to keep us happy, and the slaws (both red and white) are YUMMY! Can't leave out the hushpuppies - they are addictive!!!! The service is always great even with the crowds of people who seem to always be there. The iced tea is just as we like it - very sweet!!! Don't miss this place if you love good barbeque and fixin's. Shirley, Hendersonville, NC

2 Thank hillmama
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Chow Down With Great Comfort Food”
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Excellent service and an outstanding menu mark this spot as a "don't pass by" dining favorite. The baby back ribs are succulent and almost fall off the bone. Do not leave this place without savoring some blackberry cobbler. All desserts are made in house and present the diner with hard choices to make.

3 Thank PRMoose