All reviews clean rags short walk comfortable stay beautiful scenery the blue ridge parkway great place to stay north carolina motel bike office hosts rates valley
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2016

I will be honest - my first impression when I arrived here was along the lines of, "What have I done? This place looks like a dump!". BUT it is NOT a dump. It is actually an excellent, friendly, clean Motel with nice and friendly staff and a lovely little swimming pool as well. It is well located - there is a great BBQ restaurant almost across the road and within easy walking distance - and close to everything in downtown Maggie Valley by car / motorcycle. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at home much I ended up enjoying my stay here and would DEFINITELY not hesitate to return. Only real problem was the WiFi did not work from my room but the staff let me use my lap top from the office where it did work perfectly.

Room tip: My room was close to the road. Despite that it was not terribly noisy. I'd ask for a room further from the main road next time.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank FUNKYBUNCH888
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Was not disappointed with the reviews of this place. Yes it is older but it is clean and well kept. This is a no frills motel but there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Did not try the pool but tested the water. The water was comfortable and despite the fact that it was small it got as deep as 7 feet. There are a lot of intangibles, like rocking chairs, hammock, grill, firepit. The only down side was the bed was not very comfortable but I was tired enough that it did not matter. For the money you will not find a better place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

It was a very great stay the people was very nice the rooms was clean and we enjoyed ourselves we had our grandson's with us and they had a great time and it was very affordable. They have a playground for the children and a pool for you.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2016

This very quaint clean Motel caters mostly to the biker community due to its location near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
During peak season at night people get to know each other by the fire, sharing their food and their stories, making lasting friendships.
The owners, Tammy and Philip are welcoming and gracious, Phil ( a biker as well) will go out of its way and sometimes organize rides thru beautiful mountain roads.
The entire experience was great all the way!!! Definitely a place to go back over and over...

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank huskynatasha
Reviewed September 28, 2015

We stayed for 3 nights on a motorcycle trip and the folks at the Clarketon were great!

It rained the entire time we were there, they offered their company vehicle to use to get our group to town in the deluge.

Very clean rooms and just a great time while we were there!

Thanks for making a rainy 4 days great!

Date of stay: September 2015