“Loved the staff and the atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meadowlark Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Meadowlark Motel
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
South Carolina
“Loved the staff and the atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

This hotel was absolutely the greatest!!! The staff were exceptional and the atmosphere was just down right charming.

The hotel has a area for families to have a cook out and whether you are with a group or alone, you feel a part of this place. You can make yourself at home. I was a lone female traveler, to spend a week, and I felt very safe and secure.

It was very clean and well kept up. My room was nice and perfect sized. The shower was big and had great water pressure and the bathroom was quite large. Everything I needed was accessible to me. And if there was something I wanted, the staff was willing to help me in any way they could, to locate it.

I would recommend it to anyone, and I will to everyone. This is a wonderful, charming, place to spend a vacation or holiday. By yourself or with your entire family, including your faithful pet.

• Liked — The cleaniness and size of the room.
  • Disliked — I honestly had no dislikes.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

We wanted a short vacation with our little dog and should have known that pet friendly properties can really be bad.
This place had mixed reviews so we booked one of their cabins.
What a mistake! The grounds are beautiful, but that's where it ends. The cabin was so outdated that it was frightful, old harvest gold oven & a microwave from maybe 1980. The grime on most surfaces was ground in, I tried to clean some but that really didn't help. The carpet was stained,light fixtures broken and no battery in the smoke detector. Also no toilet paper holder.
The sheets were clean, the towels shabby and the mattress was newish but so hard that I couldn't sleep.
They did offer to move us, but I really did not see the point and instead of staying 2 nights, we stayed 1 and went on home.

• Liked — the views and grounds
  • Disliked — dirty and old
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Maggie Valley hotels

SUMMERVILLE, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

I had reservations at the Jonathan Creek Inn, but found out they didn't take pets. Went to a chain hotel who also didn't take pets and they recommended the Meadowlark, bragging about the large playground. (There is no playground, just a field and a covered area.) I was traveling alone with my children and this sounded like a great idea especially since they had a pool. When i got there the lobby smelt of smoke, which i can deal with as long as a non smoking room was available. The desk person was very sweet, offering me to see the rooms that were available. However she overcharged me by 40 dollars. I used a credit card and later was reimbursed in cash. The room was marginal at best. There was no alarm clock and the refrigerator did not cool adequately. I called twice about the fridge and no one ever came as they promised. Me and the kids went to the pool and saw a young man there hanging out with what looked to be his family. Later that nite, we went to restaurant across the street, (j. Arthurs, which was great). Only when we returned to the room that evening after dinner and a drive did someone come and look at the fridge. It was the guy who was lounging at the pool earlier.The jacuzzii did not work completely. At nite, my windows did not lock and the only lock on the door is on the knob, nothing that could be used from inside only. When i called to say i felt unsafe with the windows unsecured and the lock, i left a message and no one addressed this problem until 2 pm the next day. Same guy from the pool who now was obviously irritated at me. Lobby was too smokey for my taste. Too many options in Maggie Valley, keep driving.

• Stayed August 2008
2 Thank TEENUT
Aiken SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2008

The line about the $50 is definitely not true during the summer. All they had when we arrived was a king with a jacuzzi that was $109. We called ahead and they wanted $89 for a room with a queen. We drove on down to the Ramada and got a nice, new, fresh room with friendly service for about the same price as they wanted for their obviously old out of dated one. I can't believe they're rated #4. Could be that they gotten so much publicity through Trip Advisor that they figured they could hike up their rates.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank roberius
Easley, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2008

This motel has spacious rooms with very comfortable beds. The staff was super nice. June 2008 price for a non-smoking, 2 queen room was $89. Prices for similar rooms at major chains were $30-$60 a night higher. There were a few issues that kept me from giving this place a 5-star rating. My wife and I both had the hot water turn ice cold after only a couple of minutes in the shower. The bathroom window opens to the back yard. Instead of curtains, someone painted the bathroom windows – from the outside. Someone else had scraped some of the paint off, leaving a peep hole. This was repaired by placing a piece of duct tape over the hole. The simple solution would have been to have painted from the inside or to have used curtains. The last annoyance was the bright florescent lights outside the units which stay on all night. The window blinds completely close, but the room is still quite bright at night. Dark curtains would help here. Still, it didn’t keep us from getting a good night’s sleep. The value and the beds more than compensate for the few problems we had. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Great beds! The cool summer weather didn't hurt!
  • Disliked — Roll-away bed for children was useless, but the queen beds were so good we didn't need them.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BookmanSC
Reidsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2008

My husband and I have been married for almost 18 years and we have been staying at the MeadowLark since the second year.
Last year we started a tradition of vacationing there with my daughter & her family,and the staff at the MeadowLark went absolutely out of their way to accomodate us all.The staff is friendly,courteous,and will go to great lengths to help make your stay there a good one.We usually rent the trailer out back or the Block house,and find the cleanliness to be excellent,plenty of
linens,towels,ect,and the kitchens are already stocked with
some dishes and pots & pans,ect.I would recommend the MeadowLark to anyone looking for a good quality,family type place to spend their vacation,esp. those with kids. They are close by to Cherokee,and other attractions,have a huge picnic shelter,a nice pool,and the kids absolutely love the creek out back.You couldn't ask for a better place to spend time with your family! The Wardens,Reidsville,NC

• Liked — The friendliness & courtesy of everyone at The meadowLark
  • Disliked — can't think of anything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Warden2
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

We had booked another hotel using the internet~when we arrived @ our booking, the place was no way up to our standards! We traveled up Soco Hwy~found the Meadowlark!! We inquired as to availability~there was one room left!! The hostess @ the front desk was extremely pleasant~let us look @ room & even gave us a discount after I told of the other "mishap" we had booked! The room was very large, clean and perfect for us!! Our experience @ Meadowlark is not one we will soon forget. We have made plans to stay there again this year. Thank you Meadowlark for saving our family vacation~and making our first experience in Maggie Valley gracious!! Sensing Family from York, SC

• Liked — The Staff was awesome~room very large!!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family