“High tech camping...we love it!”
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

Meadowbrook Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Meadowbrook Resort
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Columbia, South Carolina
“High tech camping...we love it!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We, too, stumbled on to this place in the mid 1990's and every trip back we stay in one of the 'cabins'. They remind me of a mobile home 'add-a-room'. The grandkids loved it and so did the grandparents. After our annual apple-picking trip to Hendersonville, we find ourselves heading to 'our cabin on the creek'. It is small, but it sleeps 5, has cable tv, running water and indoor plumbing. The kitchen has dishes and pots and pans. It is clean and has heat/ac, which we never used. There is an old fashioned glider on the porch and a picnic table and a charcoal grill by each cabin. The babbling brook 'babbled' all night on our first trip but on the second night we closed the windows and didn't hear it. If you plan to go, check out the dates for Rally in the Valley. We found ourselves across the creek from many Harley Davidson motorcycle riders, who either came in late, left early or just liked to listen to the sound of their bikes...ALL NIGHT! I do love Harley's, but with 3 grandkids under 8 years of age, all awake at 2am, we learned to check the dates next time. For the people leaving bad reviews, if you expected the Hilton, you should have booked the Hilton. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. We haven't taken our pets, so I don't know if they are allowed, but we will find out soon enough..leaving for 'our cabin' in 2 days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mymountainhome

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2012

let me start by saying we been going to meadowbrook resort for 15 yrs or better. We go there for the beautiful scenery. My husband came down sick from food posoning Jodi was there for us we was to leave that day and she didnt charge us the extra night. She went to the store for us to get my husband some things for him. I dont know of any other owner to do all they have done for my family. They have put us up because of a hurricane and they did not charge us. The owner does firer works on 4 of july. oh yea dont let me forget about our 3 dog it was 4 dog and they came down to see how the puppys was doing. These people are great eim fixing to go back again hope to see yall ther

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Let me just saw staying at the Meadowbrook Resort was the absolute highlight of my trip to Maggie Valley. This property has a variety of both a motel and cabins. The way the owners, a beautiful married couple Jodi and Bobby, set it up is is user friendly you feel as if you're at your own home. There's a play ground for children, a volley ball court, horse shoe game set up, picnic tables along the live creek, comfortable tables and chairs set around a bonfire, along with a refreshing swimming pool for those hot summer days. The owners are probably one of the sweetest people I've ever met, making my family and I feel right at home. I'm definitely going back for the winter season. And if you have a pet Jodi absolutely LOVES dogs. She even took time out of her day to check on our little pup and walk her when we were gone for the whole day.

Room Tip: Cabin # 4 is great for a family. That's where I stayed and it was perfect for me and my family.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank dcase003
Hodges, South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Me and my family has stayed at this location in the cottage the motel and the trailers and have been pleased with all of them they have excellentaccomondation including laundry and handicapped accesible places and beautiful scenery and all rooms are stocked well and CLEAN!!! you can check in even in the middle of the night and they dont seem to mind that you woke them they are always friends and willing to work with you to make your stay pleseant i am looking forward to getting to go back very soon!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Biloxi, MS
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Took my wife to see the Smokies and happened on this quaint place. We were initially enamored by the location as it was just on the outskirts of a bustling Maggie Valley. As it is isolated from town yet close to it, you have the advantage of a great deal of solitude and peace with the exception of a small river that runs through the park offering a peaceful and relaxing babbling brook sound. We chose to stay in one of the cabins located at the front of the park. We were greeted by one of the owners' young sons and then pleasantly assisted by the owner, Bob Williams and his wife Amy. If you're up for staying at a Residence Inn or the Hampton, then this place is not for you. There is something to be said for nostalgia and this place is chocked full of it with older-style cabins and apartments. But the cabin, for us, was clean and offered a romantic setting that my wife and I enjoyed immensely. I've seen others that have reviewed this facility and they had nothing good to say about it. But they are not considering that nostalgia too has a draw all its' own and 1st class doesn't always mean; entering a room to the smell of new carpet and paint, and plopping into the velour-lined oversized recliner, grabbing the remote and turning on the big-screen while the little wifey grabs and opens you a Heiniken out of the open-bar fridge. Now again, the smell of mold and odor is NOT acceptable by me, nor is dirt or cobwebs. But we did not have that experience when we visited. If we had, we would have kindly mentioned that to the owners who I'm sure would have gratiously placed us in another room. But I will agree the cabin was minimalistic in its' features but that was part of the charm for us. We will go back.......repeatedly and have told many of our friends about the experience we had there. They all envied our stories and I'm sure would jump at the chance to stay there as well. Also, the prices are very reasonable. All in all for this review I would advise: If you're looking for peace, and quiet. If you're looking for a good bang for your buck knowing that a nostalgic setting is what you desire. If you want that incomparable getaway to an area where you can hike, just hang out on the porch, listen to or explore the river, and have some peace and quiet then Meadowbrook Resort is for you! We're making another trip there right after Christmas. I regret I have no pictures to share. Darrell Castleberry - cazrnbsn@yahoo.com

• Liked — Nostalgic, Picturesque Setting. River runs through the center of the park.
  • Disliked — That others want to make negative comments about a great value for what it offers.
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Cazrnbsn
Tiffin
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the resort in August. it was our national rally. The "Motel rooms" were bad. Not clean, and had a terrible smell. The "Cabins" looked like no one had stayed in them for years. It looked like the place had been closed and reopened the day before we got there. Never again!!

• Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mainardg

Travelers are raving about these Maggie Valley hotels

savannah ga
Reviewed April 5, 2006

I've always stayed in the cabins - the price is right. Great site - a "babbling brook" runs through it, you can hear it as you go to sleep, or sit on the porch of the cabin and look at it as well. Also, it's a mile past the end of town. Has a small playground and a swimming pool.

It's not the most modern place, the cabins are a kind of 50's time capsule - they have a fridge, stove, and a few dishes. We get the 2 br. ones as I snore loudly.

The folks that run it are nice. If you're looking for ultra modern, there are a bunch of those all crowded together right in Maggie Valley.

• Stayed March 2005