“Great location”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Ocala, Florida
“Great location”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at this site for two nights when the cabin in which we were staying had well issues. I am so glad I stayed. There was a festival going on at the festival grounds in Maggie Valley, and I was thrilled to discover that the inn is right next door. The pool is delightful, enclosed and private. Our room was comfortable and breakfast buffet was well stocked and tasty. The only complaint I had during our stay was 2 barking dogs. I called the desk to tell them and the clerk was at the door within minutes, having checked it out . She was going back to the desk to contact the owners of the dogs. Above and beyond!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Clover, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were up in Maggie Valley last weekend for a road race...we had 2rooms reserved but had a friend coming up also, which she also had made reservations also. We wanted to get all of our rooms close and the ladies who checked us in made arrangements that put us all together , right across from each other. They went out of their way to change things around so we could all be close together . Could not ask for anyone to be any nicer than there 2 ladies that were at the front desk...hotel was just fine, beds slept good...didn't partake of the breakfast but the coffee was pretty good also. Thanks again to the ladies at the front ...we will be back next year for the road race again! You made the trip worth the while!

Room Tip: Right in the center of Maggie valley , great city for parking your car and walking to just about any...
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel was a mediocre stay. The room was clean and tidy every day. The walls and ceiling are very thin, had a hard time sleeping due to noise above. Big complaint is the breakfast daily opens to late. Every day upon opening there was a line out the door and limited seating, very frustrating when you are in a hurry. The pool was waay over chlorinated and my eyes burned while watching my kids swim.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The trip was the end of an 8 hour drive from Fredericksburg for our granddaughter's wedding the next day. Before we arrived I got a call round 6 PM asking if we were going to make it. I assured them that we were an hour out. Upon arriving I discovered that our room was on the second floor and there was no elevator. This was a problem because I have foot drop and wear a brace on my left leg. Marie apologized that they were booked up and could not move us and did not hesitate to come around and help us carry our things to our room. She helped us find a place for dinner that evening. The next day, upon discovering that our daughter and her family intended to drive back to Fredericksburg after the ceremony we asked about another room. Teddie made it easy for us to set up another room. Since check in time was after they had to help set things up for the wedding reception, Teddie arranged to have it clean in time to allow the family to check in early.
I have had helpful staff in the past, but none to compare with Marie and Teddie.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this particular hotel/ motel for the Fourth of July weekend. My wife and kids and our next door neighbors ( my brother in law and his girlfriend) decides we want to go for a relaxing weekend without out the hustle and bustle of the regular " tourist trap" so we went Maggie valley for some peace and quiet. Our stay at this particular place was wonder all except it had no elevator. Every time we went out it was up and down about 20- 30 steps each way. It got old climbing steps after the first day.

• Stayed July 2013
Welcome, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my second visit here, and if RoadRunner magazine stages its riding weekend out of Maggie Valley next year, I'll be back. When I made my reservation I requested a ground floor room because of a slight problem climbing stairs, and they accommodated. My room not only was clean and comfortable, but also it seemed to have been recently renovated, with a granite top on the vanity and newer wallpaper and paint.

Check-in went smoothly, even though only one manager was on duty, but she was friendly and efficient. The breakfast area was small but adequately stocked with hot and cold selections. On the last day of my stay, I tried the waffle machine with great success; the other days I made egg and sausage biscuits. The attendant was really on the ball, replenishing food and tidying tables between uses.

I have stayed at other Choice properties that I have considered average. This one is much better than that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was pretty nice with only a couple of problem areas. The Wi-Fi was slow to nothing. The toilet clogged on two occasions( by no fault of our own). The service was excellent. It is very close to all of the activities that Maggie Valley has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013