“This place is awesomesauce.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast
Whiteville, North Carolina
“This place is awesomesauce.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We got married here in June of 2013 and I don't think we could have made a better decision. Sandee went above and beyond in every way, making us feel so welcome, almost like family. Our hosts gave us the best wedding we could have hoped for and so much more personalized than I thought an elopement ceremony could be. I wouldn't have changed a thing! The scenery was magnificent and the cabin we stayed in for the week was so comfortable and homey. We just loved everything about it and we can't wait to come back again for our anniversary!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Josie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were married here on June 8, 2013, and rented the entire Creek House for the week. Our family came for the wedding, and a fantastic time was had by all! The setting is fabulous; a rushing stream, flowers, green everywhere you look. The house is spectacular; warm, welcoming, comfortable, roomy.

The "twist" is Sandee, the innkeeper. She is incredibly nice, and outrageously creative and witty. We love to laugh and have fun, which made her the perfect host (and wedding officiant) for us! She, her husband Larry, and their assistant Letitia made our wedding the best day ever!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julie C
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We got married here Memorial Day weekend. It was absolutely perfect. Sandee, Larry & Letitia gave us the low-key, romantic and memorial wedding for two that we were looking for. They captured all of the traditional wedding moments with none of the headache. Sandee took care of everything, and patiently answered all my emails before we arrived.

I suggest any bride looking to elope or have just a few friends to get married here!

We only stayed for the weekend, but after a few hours, I knew it would be too short. We stayed in the "Curve of the Creek" and it was beyond comfortable. I tried to take the bed home but Sandee wouldn't let me :-). It was so romantic and relaxing with the creek right outside the room. They did such a great job making the suite feel like home that I'm thinking of copying some decorating ideas. The breakfasts were so yummy! Which reminds me to call and ask for the recipes. :-)

Our stay was so awesome, I almost didn't want to write this review because if too many people discover this gem, there will never be rooms available. But Sandee & Larry are wonderful and going back will be like visiting old friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erin W
Demorest, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned home from celebrating our 36th anniversary at Timberwolf Creek B&B. I have to say Sandee and Larry have created a little slice of heaven on earth! The privacy of the cottage in the woods surrounded by rhododendron, hemlocks and various other hardwoods. Not to mention the rocky creek behind the cottage with a nice little waterfall. So soothing!! Breakfast was brought each morning in a delightful basket. Steaming hot and delicious! One morning is savory and the next it was sweet. Believe me you will not be disappointed!! The neat thing is having breakfast on the covered deck listening to the sounds of nature! We loved the late checkout also! Sandee even told us no one was coming in after us so take our time! Thank you Sandee and Larry for this beautiful gem!! May others who come enjoy it as much as we did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dixiegirl50
Gardendale, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We got married at Timberwolf Creek Bed and Breakfast on 3-13-13. I had been trolling the internet since I got engaged for the perfect location for our wedding. It was our second marriage and so we wanted something a little more intimate for just the two of us. I found several wedding locations that looked "nice", but I kept coming back to the website for Timberwolf Creek which looked not just "nice" but FABULOUS! Let me just state for the record, the pictures don't lie...in fact, the pictures do not do it justice. My husband and I booked the entire place to make sure I had plenty of room to get ready for our wedding day while he stayed in a separate area as not to see the bride before the ceremony :) Not only did the owner of the B&B (Sandee, my angel on earth) set up all of the reservations, she also had someone come and do my hair and makeup the day of the wedding. I felt like a rock star. Everyone kept telling me not to rush, that we were on "bride time" and we would start the ceremony when I finished getting ready. I felt so pretty and everyone made sure that all of the details of the day was perfect. The location in which we said our vows was like something out of a movie. The sun was shining (it was a cold day, but we never noticed) and we stood by the rushing creek vowing our love to one another. All the while, someone was putting the finishing touches on our mini reception (the cake is amazing!!) and Sandee's husband Larry was taking tons and tons of pictures. Longgggg story short, the B&B was beautiful and so very accommodating. I do not have one single negative thing to say about this place, the staff or our experience. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that if someone has anything to say other than the place is phenomenal- - there must be something wrong with them. We will be returning on special occasions and anniversaries. We had the time of our life. I married the love of my life there and could not think of a more perfect place to have a wedding and start our lived together.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle M
Ocean Isle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We got married on August 25, 2012, at Timberwolf Creek Bed and Breakfast. We wanted an intimate wedding ceremony in the mountains. I called Sandee and she graciously made all the arrangements....the ceremony, flowers, cake, and photography. I was so impressed with everything she did for us! Our wedding was all we could have ever wanted. The grounds were incredibly beautiful and breakfasts were to die for! Sandee made our wedding so memorable with all her little "extras". The photographer did a great job, we've had so many compliments on our pictures. We could not have chosen a better place to begin our lives as husband and wife. Thank you Sandee, we will certainly be back to see you again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terri W
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I always stay at B&B's and found this one to be at the top of our list. It was so beautiful, clean, quite, the breakfast was amazing. We felt at home and the stream running outside our room just made us feel relaxed and "really" on vacation. There is so much to do close by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 7 in Maggie Valley
The Cardinal Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#1 of 7 in Maggie Valley

Been to Timberwolf Creek Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!