“Good room for the money”

Best Western Mountainbrook Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Thomasville, North Carolina, United States
“Good room for the money”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice staff...quiet & clean room...comfortable bed...what more do you need? Upon check-in recommendations made as to other local driving tours and the Wheels Through Time Museum. Since we were in a car, the staff was intuitive enough to put us in a location away from the motorcycles (it wouldn't have been a problem to us, but for some it may have been). We'll go back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Donna L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My stay here was just awesome. I had a nice clean room with easy access to the pool and other amenities that the hotel offered. I had made some minor requests on my reservation and when I checked in the staff knew all about them and made sure that eveything was in order for me. The view from my room was amazing!!! Definitely well worth every penny.

1 Thank travelsafe001
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised but the cleanliness, cheerful staff and complimentary breakfast at the hotel. The location was easy to find on the main drag, but quiet. The pool area was clean and private. I would recommend a room facing the pool instead of the parking lot, but that's just me. We also had a lot o bikers below us, but they were very quiet. The valley is full of bikers and I don't know where you could stay and not find them.I would stay here again ,especially after driving into Gatlinburg. It is much more charming.

1 Thank yippie57
nc coast
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent 2 nights here recently with a group of my friends (12 Harley-Davidson Riders) as we rode around the area. The hotel is a little old and starting to show some age. But it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The prices were very acceptable.

I had requested a lower level room when I made my reservation, 6 weeks prior to arrival, but they weren't able to accommodate my request. I don't really understand that but it wasn't a real big deal.

The whole hotel was full of bikers which was nice, that way we didn't disturb anyone and they were all very friendly! I will stay at this hotel again when I am back in the area for another ride!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
bestwesternmaggie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear NCHarleyman,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Being right in the middle of the Smokey Mountains, we take pride of our look and great amentities! And we do like to brag about our great staff and cleanliness! :) Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future!

Easley, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I liked the Best Western Chain of hotels as a rule and we have never experienced any problems before this trip. We stayed in room 229 which was on the second floor overlooking the pool and a pretty decent view of the mountains. We had a floor full of motorcyclists under us on the first floor - their doors faced the parking lot. We had not one problem with any kind of noise from the bikes and the cyclists were just as nice and polite as any other motorcyclist I have ever met. The problem came when we had a 3 guest in the room. A tiny little mouse. I would never had said a word about this if the management had taken care to set traps (which we asked them to do). I even showed them "evidence" of the mouse - it was eating a piece of plastic wrapped candy behind my headboard. There is no way that the room could have been any cleaner - NOT HOUSEKEEPING's fault - in fact we left her a big tip. Now, I know I have had a mouse or 2 or more in my house but we set a trap, catch it and problem is solved. I didn't want or ask for the room to be given to us for free, I know things happen. What made me angry was that NOTHING was done and for the second night in a row we had interrupted sleep and I got MAD. We finally got the mouse to run out of the door that we had opened to try to get rid of it. Not what you want at 2:30 in the morning and it is a good thing we were alone on the 2nd floor because I did scream when the mouse ran at me.

We will not be staying here again...not because of the mouse on the first night. Because of the lack of concern on the part of the management that did nothing to keep it from coming back.

Room Tip: Room 229 in back has best view with rocking chairs but there are stairs (no elevator) so don't b...
Dear Lisa F,

Thanks for staying with us this past week! We do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at our hotel, but we have taken care of the issue right after you checked out. Our franchise guidelines prevent us from setting traps in occupied rooms, but we have taken the appropriate measures to get rid of this issue. We do have monthly pest control inspections done regularly in all guest rooms and public areas. This is one issue we have not seen at this hotel! But we appreciate all the great comments and will pass on to the staff! We hope you change your mind and stay with us again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here before and still would recommend it again Maggie Valley in a great place to get away to for a long weekend. While there you must try Hurley Restaurant. Great place and the food is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Tom H
Dear Tom H,

Thanks for the great comments and we appreciate you coming back to stay with us! I will pass on the comments to the staff and we hope you come back soon!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here on Labor Day weekend, but the best deal is the breakfast. They even have a waffle maker! The room was clean and nice, the staff friendly, and the location good. We loved being able to park right in front of our room and unpack quickly. We never had trouble finding a parking spot, even though it was a very busy weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back would not have as much "street noise" if the motorcycles are in town.
1 Thank Tricia V
Dear Tricia V,

Thanks for staying with us this past month! We love to hear about how we are doing! We hope to see you in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maggie Valley
The Clarketon Motel
The Clarketon Motel
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Best Western Mountainbrook Inn? Share your experiences!