“Very good value and location”

Best Western Mountainbrook Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I found this location to be very convenient to the Smokey mountains, tail of the Dragon and the wonderful roads to expore the beautiful area. Everyone was very helpful and hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternmaggie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Lee_Leeny,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very proud to be centrally located in the Great Smokey Mountains! And I will be sure to pass on the great compliments to our great staff!

We can't wait to see you again! Thank you for the valuable feedback!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

As we checked out today we encountered two problems. One, we were not charged the rate we were given over the phone which included a AAA discount. We were with a group and we were the only ones who did not get the promised rate. The second problem, we had a hand written voucher from the manager from a mistake that happen last year during our stay. The desk clerk when we checked in the night before was supposed to handle it but had failed to do so. After trying to work with the desk clerk as we checked out this morning on this issue, we gave up on the voucher and were just trying to get the rate quoted to us for the room and were unable to do that. This will be our last stay with this hotel. We usually stay twice a year and I know this will not hurt their business but they have also lost the business of those who travel with us each time.
As for the room, everything was clean and well kept. No complaints there.
A complaint up will be made with AAA.
Customer, Mt. Carmel TN

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BeckieMtCarmel_TN
bestwesternmaggie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear BeckieMTCarmet_TN,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. We love to hear about guests' comments, whether they are good or bad. This helps us improve for future guests!

I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our rates do fluctuant on a daily basis due to supply and demand. When your reservation was booked, it was at the AAA rate at that time. I was the receptionist that checked in your reservation and your groups' reservations as well. I had applied your additional discount to the reservation at check-in. When this review came to my attention, I researched and found that these reservations were booked on separate days, which resulted in a higher rate for your reservation. We do realize this does not make up for the inconvenience, but we sincerely apologize. Many of our front desk personelle do not have the authority to override rates, and I believe this is what happened at check-out. To make the long story short, we did adjust your charges to reflect the groups discount and the voucher you had. We hope you do reconsider and give us another try on your next trip to Maggie Valley. We have a long list of loyal guests and we would like to keep it that way! :)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend, 2013. The hotel was VERY accommodating for our needs. We stayed in room #229. It was a corner room in the back and very quiet. It overlooked the back "yard" and pool, and also had a lovely view of the mountains to the NE. --- What we loved about this hotel: The beds were VERY comfortable! The shower was AMAZING! The room that we stayed in was a quiet room and very clean. The hotel attendants were more than helpful. The pool and hot tub were VERY nice and clean! The room had FREE WI-FI! --- What we didn't like so much about this hotel (which isn't much!): The hotel lobby was very small and crowded, and was included with the breakfast area. There was no area for "lounging". The hotel room did not have a comfortable chair to sit in.

Room Tip: We loved room #229. It is upstairs, on the back side. It has two very comfortable queen size beds. I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ashmirmom,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in Maggie Valley. We strive to accommodate every guest and situation. Room 229 is one of my personal favorites because it does overlook the backyard and pool. And it is very quiet and has the best view!

We are sorry the lobby area did not live up to your standards. We do realize the lobby area is small and are working to improve this. However, we do have the rocking chairs that EVERYONE loves to lounge around!

Thank you again from the staff at the Best Western for staying with us! We can't wait to see you again! :)

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this stay. My family have stayed here many times and had a good experience. We were called up to Maggie Valley because my mother was admitted to the hospice hospital. When we checked in we were given a price for the 3 days we reserved. We called prior to our original checkout and told Courtney that we were extending our stay due to my mother's health was deterioriating. Courtney told us they would switch our rate to the weekly rate. She quoted us $377 and change thru our checkout date. This conversation took place on Thursday May 2. On May 5 we were getting ready to check out and review our bill. The bill was $577. We commented to Keith that the bill was wrong and that was not what we were quoted. He said that was our bill. We asked to speak to a manager. Keith texted the male manager and then he told Sabrina "It's 7 so Im outta here". Sabrina tried to help straighten this mess out. She called the female manager and said the manager would be calling around 10:00 to adjust the rate. The manager called and was not helpful. When we asked how our bill went from $377 to $577 in two days. She explained that the rate changed to $129 due to the motorcycle rally Thunder in the Mountain. We stated we were supposed to be given a weekly rate and we checked in prior to the rally. When we pressed the issue of being given the quote from Courtney, the manager stated that Courtney was mistaken. We told the manager that it was not our responsibility that Courtney gave us the wrong information. We told the manager that we will dispute anything over our quote on our credit card. We also told her that we intended to notify the corporate office, place a review on Trip Advisor and contact the Better Business Bureau. We are Reward members with Best Western and this is not the way anyone should be treated. I feel the hotel knew they could get more for the rooms because of the motorcycle rally and decided to renig on their agreement with us.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AprilB1216
cougar00, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear AprilB1216,

I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Regarding your reservation, we did adjust the additional charges that were valid. I am not sure where the misunderstanding came in, but we do not have weekly rates. As we discussed on Sunday and Today, the 6th of May, you were not charged the $129 rate on the weekend because you did check in well before that and you stayed a total of 8 nights. However, we do apologize for the misunderstanding. We strive to make every guests' experience a pleasant one and we deeply apologize for this. In the end, we will take serious steps to prevent this in the future.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We are going to this place since 2009 and we always stays at the room 225, we call that room our apartment in the mountains, we are from florida and we like to go there to cool down. That place is fantastic, the view is exceptionel, it is very clean all the time, David that was working there make us feeling at home. THE ONLY THING THAT I AM ASKING IT IS A FREE NIGHT AT THAT PLACE FOR OUR 23TH ANNIVERSARY THAT WILL BE MAY 18TH 2013. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
cougar00, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountainbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much! We are happy to hear about your stays at our Best Western. I will be sure to tell David about your kind comments. Looking forward to serving you again in the future. I will be calling you shortly about your reservation next month.

Take care,
Twinkle P. - Front Desk Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I read that this hotel having newly renovated rooms. I'm not sure what that means. The hotel is obviously older -- not a bad thing at all! Having a real double sash window to open is nice, but I'm not sure that ours was one of the newly renovated rooms.

However, while the hotel is touted as being completely non-smoking, the room we were given definitely had the aroma of cigarette smoke and the comforter on one of the beds has cigarette burns in it. We even found cigarette ashes in the sink. We hoped that the circulation of air would help the smell and it did for the most part.

The beds were hard. No. Not like not soft, but HARD.

The staff were kind and helpful. The breakfast was reasonably good.

Room Tip: Our room was 108. I would ask for a different one. Maybe ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for completing a review on our hotel. I am upset to hear that your stay with us was not as expected. We take great pride in our guest service and the cleanliness of our hotel and we take all feedback very seriously. We want to do everything we can to make sure any issues you have with us are corrected so you will come back and see us in the future. I hate to hear that you had trouble with your room. Please know that we have a maintanence staff on hand to correct these issues while you are here. We never want you to have a problem during your stay and if you do, we want to correct it immediately. We appreciate your business and we would love for you to give us another opportunity. Sorry again for the troubles you encountered during your stay with us.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Four Seasons Inn
Four Seasons Inn
#12 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center

Been to Best Western Mountainbrook Inn? Share your experiences!