“Family reunion”

Kitchen
Gameroom
View
Firepit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ItsJustMe...
Concord, NC
“Family reunion”
Reviewed October 24, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Campbell Retreat was perfect for our gathering. We had great grandparents with us so we needed a ranch style home. The house is older but in relatively good repair. Cleaning group missed some cob webs, but overall it was clean.

The backyard opened to a huge open field. The fire pit was a hit on those cold nights!

The folks in the office were very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend especially if you need a lot of space and prefer a ranch in the valley.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Kelly M
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Campbell Retreat - Great for large families”
Reviewed October 27, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I chose Campbell Retreat because truthfully there were not a whole lot of choices out there for this time of year. Obviously I waited to long to book which was more than a month an a half before we planned to travel. I wanted something in the house that would keep the kids busy at night when we were done with our days. Campbell Retreat does not disappoint. They have a pool table, hot tub, a firepit in back and lots of games. What is nice about the house is it's ground level. For many years we rented houses high on a mountain which can be quite scary at times to get to especially living in Floria. The view from the backyard is beautiful!. Your have a 360 degree view of the mountains.
The house itself is old and has been for sale for many years. The owners have it decorated in a traditional country theme. The kitchen is big, but again old but clean. The problem is good luck is you want to do much cooking. There is literally one skillet which looks about 10 years old and 3 cookie sheets which are old and partially rusty. They have tons of dishes and and many other small appliances but no pans. I guess you have to go buy some if you want to cook. My only other complaint are the bathrooms. The bathrooms are clean but have old yucky toilet seats and the showers have mildew under the old grout. I'm sure the owners don't want to put too much money into it in since they are selling it. In one bathroom the old heating system is rusty. We went to the grocery store and bought bleach spray and disinfecting wipes and I kind of "cleaned" the bathrooms before we started using them. The house would be great if they did a little updating. Being that we are barely in the house other than to sleep it was not a big deal.
I'm not sure if I would stay at the house again unless I didn't have any other choice. Maggie Mountain vacations stock the house with lots of towels but that is about it. Your on your own if you want to run the dish washer, washing machine or wash dishes. We have stayed at other homes that had everything under the sink. I guess people just leave it from previous stays.
Would I recommend it to someone? Yes, but just know it is not a brand new updated home like many of them are. You will not be bored though!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The beautiful view
Liked least: Bathroom and no pans to cook
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 29, 2014
So glad you had a good time, and thank you for the honest feedback. I will pass along the suggestions for the needed updates to the owner. We appreciate your business and hopey you come back soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing