“Heaven on Earth”
Review of A Holiday Motel

A Holiday Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Holiday Motel, in the heart of the Smoky Mountains foothills, is a perfect place to use as a base camp to explore this beautiful region. Operated by a nice young couple, the motel caters to motorcyclists, the mature kind, and is clean, neat ,well maintained, competitive, and even has a sparkling swimming pool. Join the community fire pit at night, or get wonderful tips from the owners where to ride or dine. You would not be wrong making the choice to stay here !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank smitjh

Reviewed July 3, 2014

January 28 2014,A fire destroyed our hotel room at the Sweet Briar next door to Rob&Gabi.It was2:00am and had no idea what we were going to do.We had already paid for our room a week in advance at sweet briar cause i was having chemotherapy at Bowman Gray Med.Ctr. and we needed to retain this room for my days following my treatments.My next check was 6 days away and we were in a real tight fix for my next2 trips and now we were going 2 have to rent another room at 3:30am.I Still thank Rob &Gabi every day for what they done for my wife & I.Rob saw the fire,came down and basically said "I think we need to get you and your wife out of this cold."It was -14degree wind chill.He loaded what little we saved from the fire and said come to our hotel and get you warm.We went in his truck,he handed me keys for a room.The only other thing he said that nite was"If you or your wife need anything"let us know.I told him the next day until we gt a refund from his competitor that we could only afford 2days stay until we got our refund from the other hotel.He asked me how far ahead we had paid for.I told him7or8 days.He simply stated"then thats how long you will be our guests".No charge!I'm a 53 year old man and i think the last tear i shed was 32 months before when i was told i had one year to live by 2 doctors in Haywood County Hospital.But the kindness,generosity and what Rob and Gabi did was something my wife and i could never imagine still existed in this country thats only fueled by it's greed to make sure people (have nots)like my wife and I, know our place on the list of the (haves).The last 2 years after my diagnosis of liver cancer have been a total nightmare,trying to get medicaid and medicare to pay me or my Drs. anything that i worked and paid taxes for all my life.If it wasnt for people like Rob& Gabi and Bowman Gray Hospital and Dellwood Baptist Church, who do for others in need without a thought of reward,i may have passed away with doubts of mankind and it's continuing spiral towards its own destruction.These Wonderful People ,like Rob&Gabi gave me more in one week than i ever thought possible.They Gave Me Hope,Willpower,and a new drive in my soul,when i had given up on life in general.MAY GOD BLESS YOU For That.IPray for you and yours EVERYDAY.We Love You. Jimmy and Anita Mason ,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank mjimmy906
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Perfect location, clean rooms & very comfortable beds, 100% biker friendly, with amazing gracious owners Rob & Gabi. Group of 12 stayed 5 days. They were booked the whole week.... That should tell you something! We will stay again when we head back that way... That's a definite!!! Thank you Rob & Gabi :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
AHolidayMotel, Owner at A Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is my second time to stay at A Holiday Motel and I would go back again. Gabi and Robbie are a wonderful couple and really take care of their guests. They are a biker friendly motel and provide buckets with towels each night for the bikes. Comfortable clean rooms, some of which have been remodeled. There is also an onsite restaurant that is fabulous. Great location for riding out each day and nice to have rocking chairs to relax in on the porch at night. I highly recommend A Holiday Motel for a great place to stay for a fabulous price.

1  Thank Joanne H

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to have you. We appreciate you choosing family business like us. We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We could not have selected a better hotel for our trip to Maggie Valley. They are 100% biker friendly, Gabi delivered buckets and clean rags to your porch in the evening to wipe bikes down. We had a remodeled room and the beds were very comfortable and the updates to the bathrooms were nice. My only suggestion would be to provide blow dryers. It was great for our group of 12 to sit on the patio every evening and relax and then greet other bikers as they came & went. There were other similar motels in the city but non appeared as busy as this one and we can see why they had No Vacancies during our 5 day visit. I highly recommend A Holiday Motel, Rob & Gabi are awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We really enjoyed having you with us. I wish you would tell me about the hair dryers, we provide them when asked. I should have offer it, I am sorry. We are in process installing one in each room very, very soon. They are actually still in the box, just waiting to be installed. You can expect one in your room on your stay ;-) Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Rob & Gabi

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is very family AND biker friendly. It is right across street from the festival grounds if you are going for the bike rally's. Owners were very nice and helpful to find rides we were looking for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing American family owned place to stay. We are happy to hear your great feedback and appreciate your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've traveled all over the country and the Holiday Motel is one of the best experiences I've had. It is clean, restful, and has a terrific view of the mountains. The owners, Rob and Gabi, are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They went out of the way to make sure that our experience was a pleasurable one. Bathrooms are immaculate and more updating is on the way. Any trip to Maggie Valley means Holiday Motel for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your business. We are very blessed for customers like you, because that is the reason we can improve our property a little every year. We are looking forward to see you again soon. Thank you Rob & Gabi