“Great Value”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Country Vittles has great prices and delicious food. I especially love the biscuits and gravy, the BBQ plate, and the chicken breast plate. I don't care for the country ham, however, as I feel it is over cooked, dry, and hard. The service is always great, and the atmosphere is always low-key.

There are newer reviews for Country Vittles

Reviewed May 23, 2013

These people are just wonderful, we eat here everytime when in Maggie Valley. The food is good, not pricey, and the staff is great. We will continue to eat here each time we go.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I took my best friends to eat here yesterday Monday 5-20-13..We drove 200 miles to eat because i had been there in 10-2012 and it was good food, great price and super service...NOT YESTERDAY 4 adults 65.00. With out any desert..just the buffet, they where out of chicken, brought us 4 old pieces of chicken...the side where old and looked like they came off someone else table..i ask why looks they way she said they have been out a little bit.....the waitress and the girl that checked us out where pure jerks...we ask why are we paying for a buffet we did not get?????...said we order it...and sorry they did not have the food but we order the buffet....and we had to pay even though we did not get or eat the food..BEWARE BEWARE THIS PLACE IS A RIP OFF!!!!!PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS PLACE AND MAYBE THEY WILL GET THE ACT BACK TOGETHER!!

3  Thank jimmyky
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After a disappointing supper at J. Arthur's last night, we sure did enjoy our breakfast here at Country Vittles. We got there right at 11, but were able to the the 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast, though they stop serving it at 11. We got hot biscuits, homemade sausage gravy, cinnamon apples, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, potatoes, and coffee, for 2 people, and it was under $20!!!!! The food was wonderful, the service was exceptional, and very friendly. Atmosphere is about what you'd expect for a tourist town....amiable and friendly. They also had a gift shop. We'll eat there again the next time we're in Maggie Valley!!!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I drove up to Maggie and decided to eat at this place. We have eaten here before and the food was ok but not great...but at this time of the year a lot of places aren't open as of yet. The most hateful looking woman seated us...I think she's the owner. I can't stand her, she has absolutely NO personality. How she has lasted this long in business I don't know. We sat down and I ordered a BLT and my husband ordered a hamburger. It was about a minute later and there was the food already. My bread was toasted to where it crunched and hurt my gums when I chewed. The bacon has been there since breakfast. That wasn't the problem though, my husband's hamburger was burned and hard as a rock. There is no way it could have been cooked fresh. He couldn't eat it, then he looked on the plate and a big black hair was on it. GROSS!! We told the old sour puss and she acted like she could care less but she took it off the ticket. When we checked out she never said a word to us. I would have apologized again if it had been me. We will never go back there again and I will tell everyone I know our experience and to never enter this establishment.

2  Thank Leslie B