“Beautiful, very relaxing! Will be back!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoky Falls Lodge

Smoky Falls Lodge
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Springfield, Missouri
“Beautiful, very relaxing! Will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

We just happened thru Maggie Valley and just pulled in with out any reservations. We felt the room rates reasonable. Our room was very nice, comfy and nicely decorated. Everything was clean and up to date, we had no trouble with the Wi-fi, it worked great. They have rockers outside some of the rooms and makes sitting out very nice! We found the staff to be very friendly and the grounds quiet. We were there on a Wed. and the resturant was closed, but went to J. Arthurs for some of the best prime rib I have had in awhile! I highly recommend staying at the Smoky Falls Lodge!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

What an incredible place! The rooms were like having our own little log cabin! What a great idea and it was so very cute. I can't say enough - great experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were in the lookout for a cabin but since all the cabins in the area were taken, we booked this place. The pictures on their website are deceptive, this is nothing but a glorified motel. It's only in the morning that we realized that there were motels next door at 1/3rd the price. We booked the room with 3 beds and although the heater was full on and the fireplace was turned on all night, everyone in the room had to sleep with 3 layers of clothes in addition to the blankets. The heater is never going to be enough for the large room. When reported to the front desk, the lady was not at all apologetic! Instead kept saying that we should have called the emergency number. If I had to do it over, I would just take the business next door to a motel if I did not find a decent cabin...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SeanyATL
Hartwell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

I've only stayed twice but will always stay here when I visit Maggie Valley or Waynesville. The only think I could complain about was that the WiFi was turned off so I could not get internet service. My computer could pick up another hotel down the road but I didn't have a password for the access.
Anyway, the rooms I've stayed in have been immaculate and completely comfortable. The rooms in building 2 are decorated exactly like log cabins. On this trip we stayed in a very large fireplace room, gas fireplace, was was perfect since the temp outside was never above 17 degrees! Brrrr..
The place is very quiet, yes, I heard barking dogs but they were up the mountain over the river so they could only be heard if I was outside.
I do feel sorry for the river. The people who live directly across it have let all sorts of garbage fall over the side of the bank, waiting for when the waters rise to take it down stream. But that made no difference in my stay.
I plan to take a summer trip up there and will choose only Smoky Falls for my stay and am totally looking forward to it. They even have a fire pit right on the river!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed in the apartment they have. It was if I was in someone's home. It had so much charm. My house isn't decorated as beautifully as this was. We did have a problem with the lights, but the desk clerk came over right away and straightened everything out. The lodge also has a restaurant with an all you can eat buffet. Good food at reasonable prices. After a long day of riding it's nice to just walk into the lodge to eat. They aldo have dedicated motorcycle parking which is a big plus. They have lovely wood rocking chairs outside of each room. A really nice place to stay

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I just started writing reviews (and reading them after this experience) so forgive me for being so late, but this motel positions itself like a cool lodge on their site. The pics are so decieving. I dont know if its the lighting or what, but when you get there, this motel truly disappoints. Our room was decorated with 890 sunflowers, it smelled like smoke and the bed was uncomfortable and humid. We had booked a 3 night stay and left after the first night (we would have left sooner, but we arrived at 7pm and didnt know where to go).

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JEM782
orangegrowers
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

my wife and I stayed in this hotel, we thought it would be nice and quiet, but it turned into a rather noisy experience. Even though the hotel does not allow pets, there were dogs barking constantly. I asked the gentleman at the front desk and he said he was sorry, but the dogs belonged to the owners and he would mention it to them. Later I talked to a man outside with the dogs and he said he was the owner. I explained the dogs kept us up barking and his demeanor was non-caring, he told us he could move us to the other side of the hotel for Twenty Dollars more per night. I explained I did not think this was fair for me to pay more money for the inconvenience of being disturbed at night by his dogs. He did not seem to care. I explained to the young man at the front desk that I would not be returning and he apologized and offered us a free breakfast, he and all the staff were very nice. So, if you have any problems, do not go to the owners because he will convince you to go to another place with his poor attitude. I would look for another place to stay while in Maggie Valley.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple