“Very Good Food - Super Service - Great Prices”

Mountaineer Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lindale, Georgia
“Very Good Food - Super Service - Great Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I were back in Maggie Valley Last weekend. When we started to go to our favorite Breakfast spot, it was impossible to get in. We decided to go up the Mtn., to the Mountaineer Restaurant and give it a try, It has been years since we had been there. The property now has new owners and they have really improved the Food Selection And Taste. Our breakfast was served fast and was delicious. The Owner & her waitress were all over the place taking care of the patrons. Prices were a lot lower than Joey's. We may have to make a change for the future. When in the Area, give this place a chance. Go north on U.S. 19 toward Cherokee and it is located about half way up the mountain. Also, The view from here overlooking Maggie Valley is great.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dale_Shannon

yep
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont miss the opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The view is amazing, the space beautiful, eclectic, staff just what I would hope for; food was GREAT. Get a burger, yes I said burger, you will be amazed! We had just spent a week at the beach, ate fairly expensive seafood, but a family member said theshrimp was better than what we got on the coast. Get out of the vally and go up that hill a ways; it would be worth it even if you had to walk!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank YepBarbaraallen
Summerville, SC
“Very welcoming restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Maggie Valley for a short 2 night weekend stay. We arrived into town around 2:30 on a Friday afternoon. When we entered Maggie Valley we noticed that most of the places were closed. We were not sure if closed down for the season, closed for the time of day, or just out of business, but either way we were starved and looking for a place to eat! I had reviewed Trip Advisor before our trip and had made a list of about 5 places to try and eat at over the weekend and every place we went to was closed at that particular time. Luckily I called The Mountaineer and they confirmed they were open and "to come on down". So, we went and were pleasantly surprised. When we arrived there was only one other couple there eating, and another couple waiting to pick up a "to go" order. The "house style" restaurant was very welcoming and had a wrap around porch that you could sit out on and admire the scenery. Weather was rainy and nasty so of course we ate inside. We both opted for sandwiches since it was a "late lunch". I had the chicken philly sandwich and it was delicious! The chicken itself tasted very well marinated and everything else was cooked to perfection. My husband had a reuben sandwich and he said it was very good as well. We told the gentleman there about the fact they were the only place that seemed open and he explained that a lot of places had closed down over the winter due to lack of visitors but they were hoping for a good summer season. Asked him the hours of the restaurant in case we wanted to come back over the weekend and he explained that he lived above the restaurant and although they had set hours if we were running late one night and needed dinner, to give him a call and he would be sure to wait on us to fix us a good meal. The menu had a large selection of breakfast/lunch/dinner items and something for everyone. They also had a small gift shop area. Will definitely go back when we return to the area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TLuntsford
Toledo Ohio
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

On a joint vacation with 6 adults, 4 of us went for a drive on our last full day there. My husband and I have been here several times. I love this place the decor, the country feel is just wonderful. The food is good and the price is very good. I like to eat on the screen in porch looking out onto the mountain.

• Visited April 2013
Hemingway, South Carolina
“beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

seems to be an old lodge or log home converted into a restaurant perched on the side of a mountain! Beautiful view of the mountains while you have your meal. Food was good down home cooking and employees are very courteous. Thanks!

Visited June 2012