“Homey and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Alamo Motel & Cottages
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My grown children and I stayed in cabin 15 for two nights last week, and Dawn and Mike made us feel entirely at home. It was calm, relaxing, and just a wonderful place to stay. We will definitely go back there the next time we stay in Maggie Valley!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dragonflyknits
alamodawn, Owner at Alamo Motel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to see you again too next year

Reviewed April 2, 2012

After reading the wonderful reviews about this place we booked a few days to stay. Everything said about Dawn and Mike is the truth - they truly are pet lovers and really nice people. We rented a room and it was clean and had everything that we needed in it. We would definately stay again. Don't expect the Ritz but if you want a nice, clean room for a reasonable price, this is it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grandmaSGrandRapids
Reviewed January 8, 2012

If you are traveling with your pet, look no further, as this is by far the best experience I have had with our dog. Dawn and Mike are the most caring, helpful, thoughtful owners who went out of their way to assure our stay was a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean, neat, cozy and comfortable, and the grounds were very quiet at night (no barking dogs!). This was our first time traveling with our dog (although we have gone to Maggie Valley every year for the last 20, we found ourselves with no one to watch our dog) and I was very nervous about having to leave the dog in the room while we went out, but my fears were unfounded at the Alamo. Dawn even offered to walk our "Canoe" for us if we needed her to. We will definitely stay here again, and recommend it highly. Diane, David and Canoe

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane M
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Rae and I stayed with Mike and Dawn 4 times last year, and matter of fact already are planning our first trip for 2012 and we will staying with them again!!!!! These two peole are awesome! they make sure your stay with them is unforgetable, on the last trip I carried my Lab with us as i could not anyone to "baby sit" for us. Not only did Dawn make Rae and I feel at home, she made Cookie feel at home from walking her twice a day to giving her goodies. They are very pet friendly as well as people friendly. We will be going in May for a 5 day bike ride with friends and have asked the others in the group to stay with us there also, because I know how they will be treated. I can not say enough good about Mike and Dawn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kawelchsr
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were new to the Alamo when we stayed there during the first week of November. My wife and I brought our golden retriever with us since this motel is dog friendly. Dawn and Mike keep their place clean and neat! Dawn loved our Golden and welcomed her. We stayed in one of the motel rooms. The areas surrounding the motel were decorated with things appropriate to the season. We felt welcome. The room was warm and inviting. There was plenty of room to walk our golden without having to leave the property. It was quiet at night and we slept well. This is a wonderful place to stay when visiting the sights of the area and it would be equally nice for just taking it easy and sitting around. The area was pretty laid back and conducive to a restful get away.
When we stay in Maggie Valley again we will stay here. I have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob25869
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We were so happy to stay with Dawn and Mike again at The Alamo this trip to Maggie Valley. We are season pass holders at Cataloochee and we go snowboarding almost every week that the snow permits. Last season we stayed at The Alamo on two different occassions and both were absolutely AMAZING. First it was just me and the wife and we stayed at one of the Cottages on the Creek with our 90 lb American Bulldog. Dawn was absolutely wonderful in going by periodically to check on our baby while we were off enjoying the mountain. Another time last season we brought some friends with us and stayed in the 3 bedroom trailer they have on the property. It was spacious with full kitchen and just loads better than any other offerings in the Maggie Valley area. My one friend made us go look at other places even though I told him how great The Alamo was. He went to a few other options to look at the rooms, and then as soon as we walked into Mike and Dawns place, he quickly said, " we're staying here! ".
Now to this trip, again it was just me and the wife and we were on a budget, so we stayed in one of the more hotel style rooms and it was PERFECT. Mike was hospitable as always and the place was it's usual clean, awesome room. As always, they allowed us to check out late the next day so we could get more riding in at Cataloochee. It was a great stay at The Alamo just like our previous visits there. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Maggie Valley area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jimi H
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I moved to NC from FL in the beginning of October... We chose to stay at the Alamo while looking for a place to live because of the great reviews and the dog watching service. We could not have picked a better place to stay! From beginning to end we were treated like family... These are two of the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Beyond the extremely comfortable bed, the cozy decor, and great location, it was so helpful to have someone there to look after our dog while we were house hunting! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Maggie Valley! These two people go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Thank you both for everything you did to make our transition easier! You were a breath of fresh air at a stressful time in our lives. If we are ever in the area, we plan on stopping by to say hello... Thank you, thank you, thank you... And the best of everything to you both!

• Stayed: October 2011