“Tradition and Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joey's Pancake House

Joey's Pancake House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed for Winter break until April 8th Established in 1966, Joey's Pancake House has become a Maggie Valley landmark. With a history of serving top notch breakfasts coupled with good old fashioned customer service Joey's is a tradition with visitors and locals of our area. From our signature pancakes and golden waffles to our country ham and hashbrown casserole you are sure to find a favorite that will keep you coming back for more. And of course every single dish is served with love.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tradition and Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's a great breakfast, I have had a variety of items and the quality of each has been high. It is a friendy enviorment and it's a place that the locals go as well as travelers and that is a good sign the food is good. I was impressed with the size of the fruit bowl.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank carlwhite

“Can't wait to go back to Joey's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Been to Joey's every time we are in Maggie. Just love the pancakes. It is most often a 30 minute wait, but don't worry it will be worth waiting for!
Don't forget to take home a bag of the pancake mix, 'cause it will make good pancakes at home too!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Threw out my mother & father in-law for visiting with their kids!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Threw my wife's parents out for spending time with their kids while visiting them in Maggie Valley!! My wife, brother & sister in-law, and in-laws had breakfast at Joey's. Pancakes were bisquick and country ham that tasted like a salt-lick, but the coffee was good. We were talking after breakfast because my brother in-law was leaving this morning. The owner-lady came over to our table and said "I know it is a game you guys are playing but other people are waiting for this table so you need to leave." She said that to my mother and father in-law!! Couldn't believe it!! We tried to explain to her that all she needed to do was say that they have other people waiting and would we please give them our table...but no, the lady just kept saying that we were playing games. It really ticked my wife off and when she snapped back at the lady "what game are we playing", the old-lady bowed-up at my wife with a "look lady". I had to pull my wife back to keep her from slugging the lady. This place is owned locally and they think that they can treat people any way they want and get away with it. But I hope that everyone else they treated badly will also say something so they understand the need to be respectful to others, especially when they are with their family.

7 Thank BrianRY
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Always consistently good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We're been going to Joey's Pancake House for over 15 years. The service is always consistently good. The owner does insist on providing good food and good service and that's why so many people feel it is an exceptional restaurant. During the busy times (fall color in the mountains, ski weekends, holidays) there is a wait, however, they handle this crowd very efficiently. We highly recommend Joey's!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ncnativeazalea
Woodstock, Ga.
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Eggs and grits just like I had at my daddy's restaurant when I was little, back in the early 60s. Most delicious!

Visited November 2012