“Frequent lodger”

Creekwood Village Resort
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stay with Sonja @ Creekwood Village alot. Usually every year for going on 10 years I guess. The cabins are clean and well stocked. If you need anything you can get it in a heartbeat. Many hours we have spent tubing with our family in Jonathans Creek...we nicknamed it "The Hillbilly Swimming Pool." In fact, I own a sign business and 14 members of our family rented 2 cabins a few years ago and I made Sonja's sign next to the creek saying "Hillbilly Swimmin' Pool". My only advice is to bring an old pair of tennis shoes to wear in the creek or the stones are gonna give your feet a fit!

While there make sure you go to Joey's Pancake House for breakfast and Butts On The Creek for BBQ and fried corn on the cob!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank signguy17

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I recently had the opportunity to meet friends at Creek Wood Village, a first visit for me. However, my friends once lived in Maggie Valley and knew of and highly recommended this Resort. They were so right. The property is just lovely, with the creek as it's anchor. The cabin were clean and extremely well kept. The innkeeper, a single mother and grandmother has her finger on the pulse of the Resort and it shows. I cannot say enough to highly recommend this "true delight".

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank nbgcc
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I took my 13 year old son and one of his friends to Maggie Valley a few weeks ago, (end of Feb. '09) and since his friend wanted to do some fishing thought this was the perfect place. When I spoke to the owner, she advised me that she preferred cash over credit as it cost her so much to run credit cards, which threw up a red flag, but I ignored my better judgement and booked the 2 bedroom cabin.

The directions were not very good, and even having gone to Maggie Valley recently could not get a handle where this place was. The aerial photo shows a group of cabins by a lake and a very huge front grassy area. Well, the grassy area turned out to be the Maggie Valley fesitival grounds, which you have to drive around and behind to get to the cabins. Still not too dissapointed, we pulled up to the office, met the owner, who was complaining about her 12 year old grandson. (He and his mother lives in one of the cabins) I let her know that my boys and he could get together and hopefully have a wonderful time.

Once we got to out cabin, which was adequately appointed, I realized the lights were burned out in most of the house, the back door was rotted at the bottom and would not shut very well or lock. Still keeping the faith, we unloaded our gear and the boys started fishing on the ponds that were suppose to be filled with trout. The problems started when the grandson who lives there started hassling my boys. He would do all the things you would think a 12 year old bully would do. Given that we were visitors, I thought that the mother would say something, but nothing was said. Towards the end of the day, the grandson who lives there had some of his friends come over and start threatening my boys and then start throwing rocks at them while they were trying to fish. Needless to say, I brought my two boys in and started looking for the Mom or the Owner, neither of which I could find.

The next morning, we loaded our gear up to leave and when the owner came by to check us out, I told her that her grandson had not been as friendly as we hoped. I did not go into detail, but told her they had had an altercation. She told me she would speak to him, and once again complained how she could not control him.

Overall, the experience was o.k. It would have been better if my boys could have felt a less threatened. I personally do not think the $165.00 I spent at this cabin was worth it. I left firewood, food and lightbulbs behind that I bought in order to have light. I have since found other places in the area that would have been much less expensive and hopefully not as hostile with a small obviously angry child.

This place deems itself as a biker friendly place with kids, however, I don't think kids should go here as long as the grandson lives there. There are obviously issues that a guest should not have to listen to or put up with.

5  Thank EB1959
1 mi away
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Creekwood Village Resort? Share your experiences!