“Friends Get Away.GARY B”

Creekwood Village Resort
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Friends Get Away.GARY B”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at Creekwood and it wont be my last.Had a wonder time there.The cabin was clean and nice.Sonja was great in the needs that we had.The Hill Billy Woodstock was at the fairgrounds that weekend and we had a blast.I HIGHLY recommend Creekwood Cabins.Thank you Sonja for a great stay.See you soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed in cabin 3 and 6..both were gr8t.3 with 2 bedrooms and 6 with 3 bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gary b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary this past weekend. We were also there for the WNC BBQ festival. We could not have chosen a better place to stay for both occasions. The out door area and the cabins are very well kelp. We will plan to return soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K L
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We found Creekwood via a referral from a neighboring RV park / cabin location. It was fabulous! The Cedar cabin was very clean and nice and we had the most fun fishing in the pond and with the stream at the back of the property. We highly recommend Creeksood. PS - Sonja and the entire staff were awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013

After leaving a cabin rental which had no water, I happened upon the Creekwood Village Resort.
Sonya Michels (owner) stopped what she was doing to assist me in solving my dilemma. Six hours away from home, no place to stay and my 87 year old mother whom I invited to join us on our vacation.
Sonya offered one of her 2 bedroom cabins which was not only comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and well kept but with a back porch facing a pond. How tranquil and relaxing the day became after we checked in and began our vacation sitting on the porch watching the ducks in the pond and listening to the babbling creek behind the property. The location is outstanding, the atmosphere was relaxing and the property was immaculate. I believe I have found not only a new place to vacation but a friend as well.
Thanks Sonya and we will not only be back to see you again but recommend your cabins to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rocketman81654
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Some twelve or thirteen years ago, I asked some of my co workers on my job in South Carolina where I could go to "get away". The job was hectic, and things were not necessarily going the way I wanted them to in my life, and I needed someplace to go where I could just relax and be me. I was pointed in the direction of Maggie Valley, and soon thereafter contacted Ms. Sonja. This was thirteen years ago, and it remains as my most favorite place. There are many words that describe Ms. Sonja, the proprietress; thoughtful, attentive, and welcoming being just a few. She knows how to give people their space on their vacation while simultaneously being extremely available. She, along with her establishment, has definitely earned a place in my heart. Being an ex-musician who has traveled quite a bit in my past, and stayed at many places, Creekwood Village ranks in the top 3!
One of the most favorite memories that Ms. Sonja and I always share whenever I'm in Creekwood Village is the year I came there with my guitar and a Fender half stack amplifier. Immediately, she wondered what she let herself in for when she saw it. But I promised not to play too loud, and within an hour or two, there was a small gathering of people on the lawn directly across from cabin one, (which is where I always stay), and I did an impromptu performance. A very good time was had by all, including "Boomer"! I had such a wonderful time, and have been going there ever since. Wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beau G
union sc
Reviewed June 9, 2013

me and my family have stayed at creekwood village for years and stay often. the property is beautiful and its very peaceful and quite. The cabins are beautiful and clean they have everything you need and more. you walk out back door and fish and walk a few feet to the creek you can sit on porch and listen to creek rushing. Me and my family have had wonderful experiences and memories at this resort Sonja the owner always makes us feel like we are part of her family we will continue to stay only at creekwood village

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank crystals58
JACKSON, GA.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this place. Have been coming here for a least the last 15 years and have enjoyed every visit. First started coming here as part of a group for the Moon Light Race and several of us still come quite often, even though we run less. Over the years have got to know quite a few of the local people and love the cabins, location etc., and consider the owner as much friend as landlady. Location is within walking distance of Stomping Grounds, several good restaurants and shopping. Cabins have always been well maintained and reflect the pride Sonja has in her facility. Wish I was there now.

Room Tip: Love cabins with back porches on lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends