“great creekside”
Review of The Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
The Valley Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed October 21, 2008

nice quiet place to stay and relax. Andy is a super host.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Valley Inn

Reviewed October 21, 2008

My husband and I appreciated the warmth and friendliness of the hotel staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. I got what I expected. The rates were reasonable. The mountain stream out back was very pleasant to listen to each time we walked to and from our room. We enjoyed sitting on the swing for a few moments enjoying the quiet/stream. The rooms have no phones, however, our cell phones worked just fine. We ordered pizza on our first night so we experienced no lack of convenience. Andy, I beleive is his name, helped us locate a great place for breakfast the next morning. Very friendly...which is a must for me. I can't stand a lack of manners or hospitality which I can almost guarantee will NOT be a problem here. These folks love what they do. I would stay here again. Maggie Valley is a nice quiet side to the mountains. If you are looking for a beautiful mountain getaway with an old "mom and pop" feel to it, Maggie Valley is a wonderful place to visit!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Andy is a fantastic host. Our group stayed at his place for 2 nights. The cookout that he provided next to the gazebo and creek were great. Nice and quiet are only a few words to describe our accomodations. The room was very nice. One of the nicest rooms we have stayed in lately. We can't wait to go back for another stay. Another plus is that this inn is very motorcycle friendly. Can't say enough great things about our stay.

1  Thank JCSDPS
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My wife and I came to stay at The Valley Inn for one night on our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The motel was great, rooms were nice and the bed was comfy. The creek out back was VERY relaxing - we even got to get our feet wet a little bit. The best part about the trip was the hospitality we received from the owner, Andy Taylor.
My wife and I couldn't quite get the fire going around back and when Andy saw us struggling, he immediately came to our aide and worked hard to get it going. I think he even burnt himself in the process.
This was the first time I've seen the owner of a motel actually have some care and consideration for the guests.
If you want to stay at a great place and actually receive some hospitality from the owner who really does CARE about the guests, stay here.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winthropdude
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I would definately recommend this to anyone looking for a place to get away and relax. The rooms were well taken care of, and the gazebo and creek made for and excellent place to relax during the evening. The owner Andy is a real down to earth person and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. I am looking forward to next spring for my next visit. I would also suggest underwood restaurant for a good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank murf_67
Reviewed September 16, 2008

There is not sufficient words to describe The Valley Inn. Home away from Home may be the best I can come up with. Andy the owner is like a friend to anyone who stays there. He goes over the top to make sure you feel welcomed and appreciated at The Valley Inn. We had a group of 22 stay and not one person had a bad word to say! He provided a cookout for the group on Saturday night that was second to none! Andy, please don't ever change your approach to providing the service you offer!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Let Me Start Off with the good , The inn let us check in early and the room was clean . the beds were comfortable enough.
NOW FOR THE BAD........,there was no in room telephone, only a pay phone in the laundry room for guests to use.
it seemed like people lived in the back rooms year round.
THERE WERE ALOT OF MOTORCYCLE NOISES ALL NIGHT AND DAY .
ONLY HALF OF MY ROOM WAS CLEANED (ONLY MASTER BED,NOT 2 TWIN BEDS)FOR THE 2nd DAY OF MY STAY AND
AFTER SPENDING 7.00$ ON MILK ONLY TO FIND OUT THE NEXT MORNING THE REFRIGERATOR DID NOT WORK.
there was only one blanket in the room for 4 people,and there was a faint musty/moldy smell in the room.
IN A NUT SHELL, I WOULD BE NUTS TO STAY THERE OR ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO STAY THERE..

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank JUSTSAL1
HGT, Owner/Operator at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2008

I am sorry you had problems and wish you had notified us while here so we could have made your stay more enjoyable. Upon reading this review we checked the refrigerator and found it to be working and there was 3 blankets in room. 2 of them were on a shelf in the bathroom. We do not have phones in the rooms because we are a quaint Inn and cater to folks on holiday rather than business and most of them use their cellphones. There is a courtesy phone in the coin-op laundry for our guest's convenience and no charge even for long distance. The folks you saw enjoying the back creek side area pavilion were guests and not full time residents. We have these picnic areas and grills for family reunions.etc. who have multiple rooms rented. We are a biker friendly motel as you can read from other posts. Quiet time at our Inn is 11 PM and we pride ourselves on the off the road quiet we strive to protect. We stay on premises and would have been happy to address any motor cycle noise that was considered to disturb our guests. I would like to extend to you a credit for a future stay if you should ever change your mind about visiting The Valley Inn.