“Best Accomodations in Maggie Valley”
Review of The Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
The Valley Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Best Accomodations in Maggie Valley”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our third year in a row staying at The Valley Inn. Simple hotel but lovely creekside rooms with all the comforts of home. Andy always treats us like family. Everything on the property is for the guest to use. Including a gazebo, grills, swings, and fire pit. After taking in the sites each day it was nice to come back to The Valley Inn, relax creekside and have a bon fire. I highly reccomend this property and will be returning back next year.

Room Tip: Definitely stay creekside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Alden, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights.I wish we could have stayed longer.At the end of each day after seeing the sights I could not wait to get back to my motel.Our room was beautiful,extremely clean,and had everything we needed.Ceiling fan,air conditioning,refrigerator,microwave,and ample storage.Andy was a great host. Always there to answer any questions.I also felt extremely safe and secure.We had a creekside room.It was nice to sit on the porch outside my room and watch the creek.Or on the swings right next to it.There is also a gazebo and a fire pit.

Room Tip: Get a creekside room.You will love the creek outside your room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susan m
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am a road side inn supporter. I look for the era of the 1930's, 40's, 50's, and 60's, once on the main roads and now off the beat'in path that our parents and grand parent may have stayed a night. I have stayed in the worst and have enjoyed a just get by room or two or three. But every once in a while, you come across a jewel and the Valley Inn is just that!
I like a reasonably clean room, but the Valley Inn has the cleanest rooms I've every stayed in, bar none, including 4 star anythings you may choose! OMG! Did I say clean? Ultra clean.
Get yourself a creek side room, and wash your cares away, and listen to the draw of the creek that should be called a small river. The Taylor's have thought of everything. Don't see it, just ask. Creek side swings, gazebo, fire pit, and the availability of offering a covered space with picnic tables and grills that will hold a small army, for groups or reunions. No joke!
The Valley Inn is a great central jump off spot for your day trips in the Cataloochee Valley. Don't miss the elk herds in the Great Smoky's just 7 miles away.

Room Tip: Creek side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom H
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my father and brother. The rooms are simple but clean. All appliances and bathroom fixtures worked perfectly. The wooden swings, gazebo, and grill being right on a beautiful rushing mountain creek were spectacular. We spent both nights sitting by a campfire beside the stream. Andy was super helpful - helping with finding shops we wanted, offering seasoning when we were grilling (Did I mention there's grills available for use?), and helping us start the campfire. The location is excellent with easy access to Cherokee, Waynesville, Asheville, and any Great Smoky Mountain destinations you may choose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This place was great, nice and clean, a little older but quaint. Everything was smooth with check in, the creek out back with the swings was great to enjoy while waking up with a cup of coffee. Our room had two queen beds with two TV's, a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge. The beds were separated by the bathroom which worked out great since we had a loud snorer with us!
I really enjoyed our overnight stay and look forward to staying again sometime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank southernruby
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is amazing. The creek is beautiful and even though you are off a main road, the creek sounds drown out any noise from cars. Clean room, friendly staff, and beautiful view of the creek. Would recommend to anyone wanting to visit the mountains. This was just a stop on our way camping in the smoky mountains but we loved it so much we planned an extra two nights here!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mnts3
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I hesitate in writing this review because I dont want the secret getting out on how absolutely wonderful this place is. I cant find one bad thing to say. Quiet, clean, relaxing and biker friendly! The creek in back just calls to me. We have been here many many times and every time we leave...I stand at the creek and remind myself I will be back. It is a seven hour ride on the motorcycle for us to get here. In the beginning I came here to visit Maggie Valley...now I come back to visit the Valley Inn.

• Stayed July 2013