“Great Atmosphere, Average BBQ”
Review of Butts on the Creek

Butts on the Creek
Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Butts on the Creek is one of my favorite stops in Maggie Valley. The restaurant has changed some over time. Orders are no longer taken at your table but at the counter when you come into the restaurant. However, they deliver the food to your table. The best part of the experience is sitting on the screened in porch listening to the creek.

The BBQ itself is okay. The pit master relies primarily on a dry-rub. The sauces served on the table are fairly average. Since, I'm not a local - I'm not comparing their BBQ to the other locations in Maggie Valley. I'm just comparing them to other BBQ restaurants across the country. However, I do not go here for the food - but for the atmosphere and to spend time with my family.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite to eat and we had our dog with us. The service was great and they let us have our dog on the outside porch with us while we were eating. The Pork BBQ was great and the onion rings an bread pudding were the best I have ever had. The waitress we had was so nice and hospitable. Definitely a great place to stop for a sandwich!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great tasting BBQ, (esp the turkey), reasonably priced, quick service, very friendly staff, creekside view, & the inside is kept pretty clean. Definitely going back! My only complaint is that they didn't have any wet naps.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

They have the best bbq,sweet tea and hamburgers in town they have fast and friendly service and a relaxing atmosphere by the creek side as you dine.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

BBQ is not great with so many choices this place needs to visit its competition and get some ideas. The food is less than average for the area. With a name and location like that expectations are high. Sadly, a new receipe is in order.

1  Thank Rusty1011