“Good food and great service!”

J. Arthur's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Maggie Valley for 32 years, our family has been in the restaurant business since 1935 with over 20 restaurants (Manero's) both on the East coast and in south Florida. We are know for our succulent prime rib, steaks, Gorgonzola cheese salad as well as our French onion soup and homemade cheese sticks. We are a casual upscale steakhouse which also serves a variety of seafood, chicken, pork, pasta, salads and well as burgers and a variety of incredible appetizers. We have a full bar and serve dinner both in our lounge as well as our dining room. We also have a loft which seats 55 and a private banquet room which seats 25. In the summer and fall, we serve on our patio on weekends. We cater to groups of all sizes both at our establishment and in local parks, homes and a variety of settings and have done groups up to 1300. We love to serve families and have a kids section for children as well as two functioning trains which delight the young at heart in our dining room.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Met some friends here for dinner, and it was a great evening. We did not have reservations, and we were SO thankful we went early (around 5:30) - we managed to get an open table. The restaurant filled up very fast after that. My husband and I both had the mountain trout with sweet potatoes, and it was delicious. House salad was good, too. Our server Brittney was great, very friendly, and she kept our drinks filled and was very attentive.

3  Thank RedpepperPam
There are newer reviews for J. Arthur's Restaurant

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our group of 5 couple ate here on Tuesday night for the first time and it most likely one of the best steaks I have eaten in a while. Service was great and food was very goood and got to the table in a timely manner.

2  Thank kawelchsr
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Called ahead and was assured there would be no wait, but just to be sure, I made a reservation anyway. As I was only 10 minutes away I was right on time but found that I had a 10 minute wait anyway. The food was very good...I had the prime rib with baked potato following what I had been told was the "best" French Onion soup anywhere. It really wasn't. It was hot but was weak on flavor other than the extra thick coating of cheese on top. The complimentary bread (two different kinds) was served hot and was very tasty. The most disappointing part was the server assigned to me. While this doesn't speak to any other servers, mine was unsmiling and very curt. I had to ask for water which was never refilled. After the meal was served the server never checked back one time until I finally got their attention and told them I was ready to pay. I was never asked if I wanted another red wine, if I would like dessert or anything else. I think they were just overmatched for the number of tables they were waiting on and apparently not happy about it...I would go back for the excellent prime rib and avoid at all costs the same server.

1  Thank Jerry_Dub
Reviewed October 21, 2012

While visiting my family in Maggie Valley on more than one occasion I dined at J Arthurs. I have had the ribs and the shrimp and my meal was terrific each time I was there. The servers are especially friendly and accomodating. It is always a pleasant dining experience. I surely will be back!

4  Thank Stacey G
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a sister restaurant of one close to us in Fl called Manero's which is why we tried J. Arthur's. NOTHING like it's sister restaurant which is wonderful. Over priced, terrible service and worst food than the service. Don't waste your time or money.

2  Thank Nancy W
Donnatml, General Manager at J. Arthur's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Nancy,
I am very sorry to hear about your poor dining experience at J. Arthur's. We guarantee our food and service every time. I wish you would have asked for management to address your service and food issues, as we like all of our customers to leave satisfied. Being from Palm Beach Gardens, you might decide to join us at our sister restaurant in Stuart, Fl as you mentioned in your review. If you would like, I would be happy to buy you dinner at Maneros. Please contact my office if you would like to take me up on this offer. Thank you, Erin Mahoney-owner