“Food and Service Mediocre”

Salty Dog's Seafood and Grill
Ranked #26 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We decided to stay on the south side of the Smokies for a change, so we went with Maggie Valley. Nice area, quieter than Gatlinburg for sure. One evening we wanted a local eatery so we gave Salty Dog a try. The design and atmosphere is unique, and my daughter got a kick out of being served her dinner in a dog bowl, but the food was just okay and service was not great. We sat in the dining table area, but I could tell the bar side of the establishment was pretty lively.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Waited 15 minutes for our drinks, our waitress was the only one working while the others sit and talk for 45 minutes with another table. My husband shook his tea glass with only ice in it for 3 minutes and nobody didn't even look our way. Finally got our food and they didn't even bring my salad like you should get before the meal, told me she would bring it after I am through. My husband ordered 20 hot wings and the only bought him 8 and they were cold and fried to a crisp! There was more but can not say over the internet. All I can say is DO NOT EAT HERE! Terrible service, food And palace wasNOT clean!

1  Thank homes154
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This place is just an average bar that serves food. AAA+++ on having attractive waitresses which goes well with most of their clientel of bikers and men. My husband got heir seafood platter and he said it left much to be desired. It was overcooked and bland in flavor. The fish had a little more flavor than the rest of the seafood. But for what you pay for it $16.49 plus $6 to add clam strips and oysters that dont come with the platter normally. They gave you very small portions of it.

On my 16 oz. ribeye dinner, great price for it $13.99 you got 2 sides and hushpuppies. They got it cooked just the way i wanted however the steak was bland. It definitely could use some flavor.

The $2 house salad special of the day was a sursprise to me when they brought it out. It had a wonderful smell to it, it was larger than most places serve. It came in a regular size take out box not a small take out box. It had onions, tomato, cheese, croutons and very decorative or appealing to the eye.

They did forgot to give us our hushpuppies on both of our plates. The baked potatoes were great. They had an awesome flavor with the extra toppings on it.

Our waitress the one with short brown hair and glasses. She had a black cardiagan/jacket on I think. She impressed us with her skill of taking our order without writing it down and repeating it back to us. It wasnt her fault that the hush puppies got left out because everything else came out as we ordered it.

Not many people in there but it seemed to take a little longer than most places to get your food.

Not a bad place if you dont mind paying alot for the seafood to get a little. You get your money's worth with the ribeye dinner though.

1  Thank southernangelcomfort
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Great spot for a quick bite while at the rally. The food is not the best but its better than the vendors at the rally which is collecting dust all day. Good atmosphere but waitresses are clueless so make sure you are clear placing the order

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great seafood, drinks and waitstaff. Who would think good seafood in the mountains - it's here! Don't be afraid to try anything on the menu - it's all good.