“The only place to stay in Maggie Valley”

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This Inn is the most immaculate place I have ever stayed and I travel alot in the states and have been abroad also. I highly recommend this to families and couples. For couples it is a nice romantic getaway with the outdoor hot tub, rambling creek and porch area to sit and enjoy the beauty of the area. The staff are the friendliest of any I have met. They even went out of their way to call us in advance of our arrival to notify us of the closure of the ski resort nearby and that they would be doing pool repairs while we were there and the pool would not be accessible. Talk about service - I have never had a hotel/inn to be so courteous before! The housekeepers are wonderful! Normally in most hotels even the large chain hotels I find problems but not at Jonathan Creek Inn. It felt like being at home. Again this is the only place to stay and on my return trips to Maggie Valley this is where I will stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2009

The Jonathon Creek Inn became a firm favourite follwing a visit last year. This particular visit was mooted as a trip to Jonathon Creek rather than Maggie Valley.
The situation on the Creek is pure heaven and great value for money.
the staff were curteous and kind. In short, I cannot reccomend the Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PaulPearson
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My family and I have traveled to Maggie Valley, NC for over 15 years for vacations (sometimes four times a year). We live near Greenville, SC so the ride up the mountain is breathtaking and only 100 miles from here.

What makes our stay special is the Jonathan Creek Inn, which is in the "heart " of Maggie (right across the street from Joey's Pancake House)! We stay in the Creekside accomodations Which have two queen size beds in each room. Also, out the back door is a nice, covered gazebo with tables and grills. The deck leads from the gazebo out over the creek with comfortable chairs and wonderful sights to enjoy while sitting directly over the rolling creek! What a sight; what comfort, what a place to enjoy 'just being:!! We enjoy the local restaurants, shows, siteseeing sitting on the front porch and observing the beautiful mountain view from the front! Nothing could be finer!!
Barbara Massengale

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Our stay in Maggie Valley was a memorable experience....and we have Jonathon Creek Inn to thank for it. The rooms were small but very clean. We actually had to get a smoking room---but they cleaned it thoroughly and we could hardly tell it was a smoking room. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. We even got stuck at one of the few restaturants waiting for breakfast and ran past our check out time. We gave them a call and they told us to take our time....enjoy our breakfast. The hot tub was great after 8 hours on the slopes. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool. We will stay at Jonathon Creek Inn the next time we go to Maggie Valley. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I really enjoyed staying here. The room was right next to the indoor pool. The cable tv is awsome. I have never stayed somewhere with so many channels. When I am in the area again, i will definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 21, 2009

My three college age girls and I wanted to snowboard so after a lot of homework I decided on Johns Creek Inn. Everyone in the office was so sweet and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bathroom/sinks were in great shape. We had to leave early because of the weather and they did not hesitate to refund the night I would not be staying. WONDERFUL!! I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I did alot of research for a honeymoon suite in Maggie Valley, NC. I came across excellent reviews for this property and I called and spoke with Keith, the night manager for Jonathan Creek inn. Keith amazingly helpful and he was so honest. He helped me choose the perfect suite for my honeymoon. Keith was so helpful we decided to stay there a day before the wedding in a standard room. He was so spot on even his recomendations for restaurants were perfect.
Okay, about the Inn. I love this place!!! Not only was the Inn the perfect rustic setting but the rooms were SPOTLESS. Our suite was occupied the the day before the wedding and Keith gave us top billing to have the room cleaned first so we could move in early. The room was cleaned early and we were in it a noon. The suite had a huge bed with very attractive linens, a fireplace, a recliner, a dressing area and a hot tub to die for! I really could not believe how clean the room was. Cleaner than the Ritz. The shower head was a rain shower. OMG the best shower EVER!
About the standard room. Spotless, two double beds with 8 pillows total. Comfortable, a nice table with chairs, the shower was nice, and there was a back door leading to the back deck which was beyond belief. We could hear the creek in our room, so soothing. The decor was very nice, everything matched and everything was working with no wear and tear. The rocking chairs on the front and back porches were a nice touch, especially with nice weather. I cannot wait to go back and stay in the rooms with the screened in back porches facing the creek.
Housekeeping even left us a care package consisting of towels, toiletries, coffee, ect. when we did not want to be disturbed without asking. This was by far our best stay together anywhere.
Thanks JCI for helping make our honeymoon the best.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maggie Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area
Smoky Falls Lodge
Smoky Falls Lodge
#15 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas? Share your experiences!