“Gotta LOVE Jonathan Creek Inn”

Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've stayed at several hotels in and around Western NC & I have to tell you these guys are the best! From the clean rooms, to the friendly/helpful front desk staff to sounds of the creek you'll find a relaxing environment....I'll be back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed in the valley before at other motels, but this is, without doubt, the best of them all. The campus is spotless, and the room was impeccably clean and odorless upon checkin. All staff members (including maintenance) were polite and responsive to any request that I made (and I made many). My stay in the valley was certainly enhanced by these folks. It just does not get any better than the Jonathan Creek Inn!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed September 20, 2011

After spending 4 days in the Maggie Valley area, we would for sure want to go back to the Jonathan Creek Inn.Their web site & pictures speek a thousand words of truth. Owner & staff are like a good family to be with

Room Tip: Our room-# 214, had a rear door leading to a decking area one has to see to believe. we could hear t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here at the Inn. We had a screened porch room, and it was nice to have the outside to enjoy. There is the proverbial babbling brook behind the inn, which is really pleasant to sit out by and enjoy. And even if a screen porch room is not available, they have plenty of areas in the back to enjoy the pretty view. As different reviews have stated, the rooms are not huge, but they are well planned with plenty of storage spaces. The pool has a glass house around it, but the roof and sliding glass doors can be opened to make this pool year round usable. There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance, and we enjoyed Hurleys for dinner. If you sit outside at the restaurant, you have a pretty view of the brook. When a local asked where we were staying he replied "Oh, you are at the nicest place in Maggie Valley". The staff was also friendly and helpful. It was a nice anniversary stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here based on reviews that I read prior to booking. I understand that not all hotels are brand new and immaculate, but I was rather disappointed to walk into a room that smelled musty and old. The bathroom was very old looking and small. I will say that going out of the back door and down by the creek was fantastic. My son and I walked in it...it was freezing! We got a special rate even though we didn't qualify for it, and the staff was very nice. Next door at Hurley's the food is fantastic. Across the street at Joey's for breakfast is a MUST! Maggie Valley in general was a bit of a disappointment for us since Ghost Town has closed. I would not book here again due to my asthma and my daughter's health conditions.

Room Tip: Get a creek-side with screened in back porch.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

-Nice little friendly motel on the creek. I specifically asked for a screened-in porch room and was assured I would get one. Well, we did, but the screens were totally missing on 2 of the 3 large panels of our porch, so we couldn't even sit out there and listen to the creek because of the bugs. We had the end room on the 2nd level, Room 204. When I checked out, I mentioned to the woman at the desk (same one we made the reservation with) that our screens were missing. All she said was Really? Sorry. I don't call that good customer service.

The koi pond was nice. Breakfast across the street at Joey's was okay food but very good service. Next door for dinner at Hurley's was good, but not great.

Room Tip: Make sure the screens really exist if you ask for a screene-in porch room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Hi,
I want to apologize for your screened in porch. Just before your stay we had some storm damage and the screens and some trim work around them. We were not able to repair it at the time so we cut out the panels that were badly damaged. Upon your checkout they were repaired. I want to apologize for the fact that it was not communicated to you. A notation on your reservation had been made to tell you about the problem but we failed to follow up properly. We are addressing the way we handle the situation. I was not aware of you not knowing about it until I read your review. I have instructed Alice our Manager to send you out a gift certificate in the hopes that you will allow us to have another opportunity to earn your business in the future.
Jeff Smith/ owner

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Second time staying here...first time over 10 years ago...same great place and friendly staff with clean rooms. Creek in back has great setup!

• Stayed: July 2011
Ramada Maggie Valley
#7 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas? Share your experiences!