“Wonderful family memories made in the Smokies.”
Front porch - My favorite!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Front porch - My favorite!
View from front porch
Sideyard w/firepit
View during Fall Foliage
Master Bedroom - King
Master Bedroom (view 2)
Master Bathroom
Bedroom 2 - Twin top queen bottom
Full Bathroom 2
Hallway (Laudry room in closet to right)
Kitchen
Dining area
Living room area
Hot Tub
Rushing stream nearby
Our neighborhood pet #67
Neighborhood Elk walking on drive
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa R
“Wonderful family memories made in the Smokies.”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

This property is amazing. The second we arrived it felt just like home. The cabin is tucked away from everything, yet close to attractions and lots of fun things to do with the family. My husband and I stayed here for a weeks vacation with our two sons. The kitchen had everything that we needed to prepare meals and even spent a few nights grilling out on the porch. My kids loved the bunk beds and the video games. The cabin was spotless when we arrived and it showed that it was prepared for us to enjoy our time there. We loved listening to the rushing stream from the porch while watching chipmunks, ground hogs and birds. We even saw some elk at the bottom of the private drive. We ventured out to many locations around the area including Cherokee and Waterrock Knob and all were easy access. I will say that the private drive is a little scary to we "flatlanders". But after two trips up and down the steep climb in the car, we all realized that it was nothing to worry about and handled it like we had been there all along. We even spent some time walking up and down the drive to look at the nearby stream. The property owner was quick to respond to all of my emails and even a quick text when I asked a question about something at the cabin. I would highly recommend this rental. My family and I will always remember the time we spent there relaxing and enjoying a break from the sweltering heat and humidity of summer in FL.

Your age range 35-49
Jul 12, 2018
We're thrilled you enjoyed the cabin and had a wonderful vacation! Nothing better than family memories & honored our happy place was part of that. Wishing your family all the best! Thank you so much again.
Cindy M
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed October 22, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This is the second time my wife & I have rented this cabin, & are already thinking about renting again the end of April or 1st part of May-gotta decide!!! We stayed from September 30th thru Oct 7th 2017 & had the most fun & relaxing time in our much needed getaway from working & the everyday hustle & bustle of work!!! First of all the cabin is so inviting & truly so comfy - cozy -& inviting & clean--we will never consider ever staying anywhere else except here!!! We love Maggie Valley where it is located---All the food -restaurants & nearby attractions are nearby & anything you could ask or hope for!!! Everytime we go the Big Elk are waiting there to greet us & we look forward to our daily trips up to the Masonite Marker to see the majestic & awesome view of these beautiful animals-not to mention they are also on our road leading up to our cabin-It is a beautiful 2 bedroom-2 bath fully furnished with all the comforts of your own home. It even has a hot tub after a really nice day of hanging out & sightseeing--& a beautiful outside firepit on the side of the mountain & inside firepit!!! We love going into Cades Cove & Cataloochee, just a short drive away & Gatlingburg & Cherokee just a short drive -- All I can say, is it the most special place that we have found & we look forward to going again--- you will not find a better or more relaxing place anywhere!!!! Thank you our special friends, Jenn & Billy as always for sharing your lovely places & giving us many more special memories to ad to our 43 years of marriage---Mac & Cindy

Oct 25, 2017
You both are a blessing! Thank you for coming back & taking such great care of our home! So glad our mountain pets greeted you again :-). Looking forward to the next time!
Marie W
“A great week at Elk Crossing”
Reviewed October 16, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Elk Crossing cabin was a absolutely perfect. Very clean and had all the amenities of home. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and taking in the view of the mountains. Very short drive to the heart of Maggie Valley. We can't wait to book a trip back to Elk Crossing.

Oct 19, 2017
We're so happy you enjoyed your time! We look forward to your trip back - Thank you!
arbo921
Winchester, Kentucky
“Withheld $50 of Deposit”
Reviewed August 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The cabin was wonderful. I paid a $200 deposit and only got $150 back. According to the owner the toilet seat was broken in the master bath, a corona bottle with cigarette butts was left on the back porch and cigarette butts and a piece of plastic was in the fire pit. I admitted that our daughter had left the bottle on the back porch and had thrown butts into the fire pit.After the owner and I got done bickering back and forth she made the comment that she didn't believe me... I ask you why would a person admit to doing two out of three if they're lying.... We have been renting vacation homes for 20yrs plus and have never had a problem. There isn't anything in the contract about not putting butts in the fire pit. Plus I swept all the floors and the porch , washed all the dishes and put them up, cleaned all the countertops,did all the laundry except sheets which we were instructed not to do... I bet their cleaning crew didn't tell them about all the work I saved them from having to do!!!

Aug 12, 2017
Thank you again for renting and glad you liked the cabin. Since you mentioned this in a public forum, I feel its only fair to review the events for others to see as well, especially since you are our only negative review. As I mentioned to you on the phone, knowing you were upset, I was more than happy to have a discussion and work with you, but you verbally yelled at me which was totally unacceptable behavior. I never and would never, accuse anyone of lying which is why I mentioned I'd work with you and possibly return the money if you would discuss vs yell, but you wouldn't have that. A few points I'd like to address 1) I've been renting for 8 years and have had the same cleaning crew (a family) during that time. Never have had an issue with them & when one arose, they would call immediately which they did about the toilet seat. 2) The rental agreement clearly states that there is no smoking and no leaving trash behind in or around the property. You asked via phone if someone could smoke outside and I agreed as long as they were disposed of. 3) During the rental time period, you called very annoyed to say the fireplace wasn't working in which I answered that it is shut off during summer months as stated in agreement. You never brought up the toilet seat at that time or thereafter so I figured all was well. 4) a plumber costs $75/hour plus parts and I absorbed the additional cleaning and costs. 5) My neighbors just informed me that a truck was brought up with a large pull behind trailer for your motorcycles which tore up the gravel on road & driveway All the stacked rocks along the driveway have been pushed into the running creek along side driveway. Did not charge for that as well. In closing, while unfortunate, as you said prior to hanging up on me, we'll just have to "agree to disagree".
Jody A
DeLand, Florida
“Elk Crossing Delivered”
Reviewed October 11, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had a wonderful time at Elk Crossing. Jen and Billy, the owners were wonderful. We planned many activities during the day and it was always nice to get back "home" to the cabin for a relaxing evening. The hot tub was an added bonus! The best part of all was seeing the wildlife...and we did see the elk!

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sue U
Independence, Virginia
“Relaxing”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The cabin was awesome. It had lots of extras. We loved the fire pit. The beds were comfortable. Communication with the owner was excellent. Everything was even better than described. We did not see an elk this time but plan to book this same cabin again next year when the elk are in the low lands. We had a great time. I would highly recommend this cabin for peace and tranquility. Nice and secluded but not too far from everything you could need.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kathy F
Greenville, Virginia
“Relaxing and beautiful get away.”
Reviewed September 16, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This wonderful cabin was the perfect location for our much needed peaceful and relaxing vacation. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas to give us the quiet relaxation of a mountain retreat and close enough to be able to enjoy everything the area has to offer. We will definitely return to this cabin again and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Secluded location and clean well equipped.
Liked least: The narrow road to get to the cabin.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing