“Locals take note!”

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals take note!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a great experience at the Moonshine Grill. I was hesitant, as we usually are when a place has changed hands or I haven't really heard anything about it. I didn't realize the whole identity of the restaurant had been made-over. The décor is intimate and fun, and the detail is inviting. Special touches, great food. Amazing service. Seriously, everything from the ice tea, to the homemade blue cheese dressing, the hickory grilled handcut steak, to the moonshine cherry crème brulee was just great. We are going to tell everyone we think it is a great choice for dinner! I was so pleasantly surprised.

1 Thank fjcutshaw

Roland, Arkansas
“Good food!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

For an evening meal this has been the best place we have tried in Maggie Valley. My husband had a steak, baked potato. and salad. I had broccoli cheddar soup with a salad. We enjoyed it all. The salad was fresh and crisp. Steak was cooked just "right". Wait staff very friendly. Will go back.

Sylva
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I must admit that the owners are long time friends....however, the food and service were outstanding. Everything we ordered was delish but the french onion soup and the apple pie moonshine milkshake were the best things we have eaten in a LONG time.
Eric is always a gracious host and his staff go above and beyond to make sure everything is exactly as it should be. Frank was our server and was very helpful and informed.
One tiny thing...limited hours so be sure they are open before you get your mouth set for that soup and milkshake. Wow.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and very nice waiters”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

When we visited it had to have been bike week or something. There were bikers everywhere. To me that only meant that it must be a good place ams it definitely was. Everyone was very nice and the food portions were so big. I ordered trout and it was both perfectly cooked and seasoned as well as so big that it barely fit on the plate. Definitely glad my wife and I ate here.

Windham, Maine
“Smells so good”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We are from Maine and we stayed at the lodge. Our room had a window that wasn't to far from the grill they use to cook the meat. We could always tell when they fired it up cause the smell came right into our room and made us very hungry. It is an awsome place to eat.

Visited May 2013