“Amazing working collection of early American motor bikes in original condition”

Wheels Through Time Transportation Museum
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Great location in an attractive touring area. Really extensive collection of American motor bikes from the early 20th century onwards, mostly in original and working condition, restored by the enthusiastic owner and presenters. Many themed displays on various aspects of bike racing and touring, furnished with some great Americana surroundings. Some unique applications of bike engines from cultivators to light aeroplanes. Great demonstrations of amazing sounding bikes around the grounds and inside the building! See the opening video at www.wheelsthroughtime.com, introduced by Dave Despain, which includes a tire burnout and dragstrip type run down the indoor aisle of the museum, four cylinders and open exhaust. A must-see attraction for anyone with two wheel or four wheel background who's interested in the early technology, development and operation of bikes, many of them unique, sole survivors.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Our visit to Wheels Through Time was a delightful experience. Even my wife who is far from a "motorhead" found the experience fascinating. A must see for anyone who appreciates this unique segment of transportation history.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

What an enthusiastic group of People. They love American Made Motorcycles and they love their work. From the Grounds keeper the the Curator everyone is there to make this a fun place to visit. The grounds keeper was giving a group of bikers a tour of the gardens and the local wild animals while we picnicked near the river. Matt offered to start any motorcycle that they had in the museum for us, and all the completed bikes are kept in running condition. Dale the curator will talk American motorcycles as long as you want.

My wife was not thrilled when I told her I wanted to make a trip to a Motorcycle museum one of my activities during our vacation. There were plenty of antiques, memorabilia, and historical artifacts to keep this stop interesting for everyone. Just bring your own food and drink and pack out your trash. The staff are trying to keep the place nice so there is no snack bar in the museum. My wife did enjoy her visit and she was impressed with the displays of several thousand square feet of 20th Century American/motorcycle history.

If you are in the Western North Carolina Reagen don't miss this stop. Visit their web site for plenty of information and videos.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was expecting a typical small town "museum" with a few bikes, but was I ever wrong! The breadth and content of this place is unbelievable. The owner and his staff approach these bikes with a passion that is contagious. And this is no static display either - the owner spent two hours showing us around and every time we showed interest in a particular cycle he cranked it up for us. From the earliest motorcycles through about the 60's, it's all there. I was with a group on a father-son ride and for each and every one of us, this was the highlight. It is not to be missed

Reviewed May 23, 2010

We were on vacation in Pigeon Forge and decided to drive thru Maggie Valley. we came upon the wheels through time museum and decided to see what it was all about. We were pleasantly suprised,
My husband was quite astonished at the quality of the motorcycles in the museum.
We will be back when we have more time to spend. we would recommend this museum to everyone not just motorcycle riders.