Wheels Through Time Transportation Museum
$15.00*
and up
Wheels Through Time Museum Admission
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Mike is a great host and very historical place. a must see. loved all the old motorcycles and cars and was told everything runs and is ridden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)
All reviews
in 70 reviews
"curator"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I went with my girlfriend and I was simply amazed at how much history is in this building there's several old army bikes there they also have several early bikes I even was given a ride in a side car of a 1947 bike when I asked the owner. The people who run it are all nice folks as well

1  Thank Lazersc24
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent approximately four hours walking through and still did not see everything. I had never been to a museum where the owner and his son would start a bike up to let you hear what it sounded like.

A truly memorable time that will be repeated soon I hope.

1  Thank Ppaintguy
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My motorcycle enthusiast husband and I (a novice to the sport, but a great lover of history) made the pilgrimage to Maggie Valley to this beyond incredible museum. Dale Walksler and his son Matt happened to be there, and greeted us warmly as if we were family that just stopped over for a visit. This collection is so unique in many ways: everything works/runs (and Matt even fired up a circa 1920 Henderson for us to hear) and most everything has the patina of age and history. The motorcycles here (and a few cars) are so unique and rare - and Matt, Dale, and Joe and another Joe were there to talk to us about the bikes, the history, the mechanics - just about anything. Matt in particular was so very kind - and grateful that visitors come to the museum. I cannot say enough good things about the collection, the staff, and the enjoyment we both had at this museum.

3  Thank Alicia B
See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The displays in this museum are so well done that you actually feel yourself as if you are right there in that era of time. The very rare motorcycles are amazing and it is hard to believe that there are so many under one roof. The museum staff are top notch people and very well informed on the motorcycles on display. To see this many American made "bikes" makes one wish for the old days when almost every product we encountered in our daily lives was made in the good ole USA. I really enjoyed three hours of motorcycles and could have stayed longer, but I had to get back on the road.

2  Thank Tommy R