“Good Mexican”

Guayabitos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Guayabitos is a fun time. Pretty darn good food, excellent menu, great people. An update would do it well, but I'll go back!!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I love Mexican food. Enchiladas, red sauce, beans. Usually pretty good. Not this time. Was a disappointment. Red sauce was like tomato sauce out of a can. Very blah. Chicken was shredded. Too bad.

1  Thank IrisSpring_50
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Our experience at Guayabitos was unbelievable. The service was great and we all heartily enjoyed our meals. It was a very good Mexican restaurant. However, those aren't very hard to come by. The incredible thing that makes Guayabitos special is that when I forgot my purse, the manager DROVE TO MEET US. He pulled up beside us, honked his horn, and lifted my purse up in the window to show us what I had forgotten. We quickly pulled into a parking lot and he gave me my purse back. We exchanged a few kind words and then he went back. So, definitely go to Guayabitos, if not for the great food, but to support the wonderful people who run it.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a nice surprise from a group of 12 from Texas to find good Mexican Food in North Carolina. We did not have reservations and it only took a few short minutes to be seated. Our orders were taken promptly. We enjoyed the fresh chips and salsa while waiting for our food. The food was very good and came out hot and fast!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Waited to get seated and then left alone for a while. Restaurant was extremely understaffed. Food was pre-made and came out of a large tray. Guacamole (sp) was very runny. Don't think I would even give it a second chance.

1  Thank Ronald R