“Fun Experience… Time and Time Again.”

Guayabitos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to Guayabitos the first time with just my grandmother, mother, and sister. It was rather late in the day and well we were starving. My grandmother and I got a standard taco, which looked and tasted wonderful. My mother order Pico de Gallo and Guacamole, it looked like they made it to order and tasted the same. And my sister got enchilada which looked to die for. At that point in time the food tasted amazing. But anything would if you hadn't eating all day.
So I decided to give it a second go. This time I went with my family of 10 and well always extras. Are waiter was amazing. He had personality, he laughed and joked around with us. What I like most was that he made us feel like we were his only customers. I enjoy a good wait staff.
Again the food was very good. Presentation they get 5 stars. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Plates were clean and well everyone was full. As a side note one of my brother friends got fried ice cream… Looked excellent. Next time I go I am defiantly trying it.

1  Thank Jaimie C

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Guayabitos seems to be a popular restaurant in Maggie Valley, however, we found our experience there highly disappointing. The food was not nearly as good as we expected, and far from what we wanted. Although we don't eat super-spicy foods, Guaybitos' was surprisingly bland, even by our standards. There's nothing I'd recommend, and we won't be returning.

1  Thank BobEtier
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had take away so no comments on service, other than the counter person was nice and the food was ready when he said it would be. The food: chips are very good. The salsa looks and tastes like it is made from canned, crushed tomatoes. good flavor but the texture leaves a bit to be desired; cilantro is conspicuously missing. The guacamole had a wonderful flavor but was very runny. The pablano chili was very good, the burrito was well made and tasty, I would have liked to see some separation of the beans, chalupa and lettuce. In all the food is fair to good, more fresh ingredients and some cilantro would improve things. Salsa is an art, hire an artist...

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Guayabitos Mexican food in Maggie Valley was great. We got there late in the night when all places were closing and they were awesome, from the service to the food. The food was as good as we have had in New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The place was fairly empty when we arrived and stayed that way. Chips and salsa were pretty good and actually the best part of our meal. The cheese dip was fairly watery, so it was lacking a bit. My taco was fine, but nothing special with the shell just not making it. My enchilada was about the same. Tolerable, but nothing to write home about.

Wife's chicken quesadilla fit that same mediocre level of taste.

Waiter checked back once after taking order just about in time for us to get our check..