“Best food in Maggie Valley”

Frankie's Italian Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Classic Italian comfort food, homemade Items like Lasagna, Manncotti Marinara, Alfredo & Ragu. Classic Items Like Pizza & veal parmigana & marsala, Family owned & operated and serving since 1971
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Best food in Maggie Valley”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had my husband birthday party July 4th 2013 in the new dining room and found it to be very inviting with great service. The food was wonderful. We go to Frankies almost every week and have never had a problem with the food or service. I find it hard to believe some of the remarks as they try to be very helpful. I have tried another Italian restaurant in Maggie Valley and I found the food to be awful. The service was not very pleasant. Frankie's is family run. We take our friends and family to Frankie's when they come to visit and many of our friends who also live in Maggie Valley love the food and service.

• Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We recently took a trip to Maggie Valley and ate at Frankie's. Being born in raised in the NY metro area and child of Italian immigrants, it was wonderful to find real Italian food. I'm glad that we listened to the good reviews and not the bad. The service and food were excellent. Everything was fresh and authentic and better than some restaurants we've eaten in at home. We ended up going back for lunch and dinner more than once on our trip, and each time was better than the last. They treated us like family. Our kids love the brick-oven pizzas! We look forward to going back!

• Visited January 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“FANTASTIC "REAL ITALIAN" FOOD”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Mark & I drive 90 miles once a week to eat here, we have been going for over a year and at $4 a gallon for gas I can assure you that we would not keep going if the food and service were not excellent!!!!!

I also want to add I hated Italian food until my fiancé Mark who is Italian asked me to try it......I fell in love with Frankie's and now I even go by myself to eat here. There may be long lines if you do not make reservations (BECAUSE THE FOOD IS SO GOOD) so know this and call them. If you have to wait they offer you a seat at the bar or a drink while you wait.

This has been a very harsh winter here in the Western North Carolina Mountains & for those who booked a party in the "banquet hall" you do go through what is an open area/summer patio where you can dine outside. I'm sure perhaps it may have been overlooked about the heat being up high enough however I can also tell you that people's heating systems have been running non stop and even breaking down as they can't handle this harsh cold that we have not had for many many years.

I hope that anyone reading my review will take everything I have written review it and dine at Frankie's. SHOULD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TELL THEM THEN rather than write an unfair review. Katheryn/Mark

• Visited February 2014
“Avoid - inhospitable!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We found the good reviews and had a birthday boy. So we stopped at *noon* the day *before* to make a reservation for the next evening. We saw it is small place, but looking cozy, so we liked it and booked for 7:00 PM next evening. We explicitly asked if they accommodate all of us since we were 8 people. They said no problem.

We go next day 15 minutes before 7:00 - a big line up in front and packed inside. But we thought these people know their business, probably some tables leaving soon.

We waited 20 minutes and they invited us …. trough an outside walk through to a small building next to the main one.

Not only there was nothing of the restaurant atmosphere there, but the shock was that it was about 45 degrees (Fahrenheit) inside, practically freezing.
When we asked why are we shunned in this hole, they told us it is too busy and they cannot accommodate us in the main place.

When we asked why is it cold in this room, they said they just turned the heating since they … didn't expect so many people tonight!

Not to mention the hostess lacking elementary customer management skills.

So this restaurant doesn't know its basic business:

1) It is a *season* in Maggie Valley on Dec 27!
2) You do *not* make "savings" on customer comfortability by starting to heat your room when you accommodate your guests there, but a few hours *earlier*.
3) You do *not* surprise the customers with completely different - and worse - offering at the last moment, *after* they have been at your place, seen it, and you promised them what the *saw*.

And yes, Frankie's, you are welcome for the free consultation on how to run your business!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank kvguser
Florence, South Carolina
“Could easily be a lot better”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

WE have been to Frankie's three times, and keep hoping the experience will improve. It is EXTREMELY noisy, even when there are not many people there. The tables are large and the two of us had to lean way across to hear each other. A few baffles on the ceiling might help.
The menu is great and varied, but hard to figure out. They have the entrees (secondi) listed and at the top they say they come with soup OR salad or pasta for $1.50. I wanted chicken piccata, which didn't mention any pasta. I asked if it came WITH pasta or if it was extra. I got an long convoluted explanation, which could have easily have been solved by a "yes, it comes with pasta with no extra charge". This menu deal is really confusing--and it isn't about the $1.50, but about clarity! When the food came it was VERY good, though.

The server was nice, but a bit patronizing--seemed to have memorized saying goodnight, etc. We will go back, but not for a year or so.

• Visited February 2014