“Blue ribbon for the Best Stromboli!”

Frankie's Italian Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Classic Italian comfort food, homemade Items like Lasagna, Manncotti Marinara, Alfredo & Ragu. Classic Items Like Pizza & veal parmigana & marsala, Family owned & operated and serving since 1971
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took one bite of my stromboli and the layers of flavor just bowled me over. I said to my friend, "I think this may be the best stromboli I've ever had," and she just raised an eyebrow. She said, "My dear. You have never been to New York. I'm sure it's fine, but not likely to be the best." Then she took a bite. (Of mine, of course.) Her eyes got big and she took another bite. Quick as I could, I cut off a big piece and put it on her plate - so she'd stop eating my lunch!! And being the New Yorker, I suppose her verdict carries more weight than mine (gimme a break, right?) but Frankie's does indeed get the title Best Stromboli, from us both. Nice wine list, too. They've never disappointed me at this restaurant, but today it was just over-the-top wonderful with this new addition to the menu. Hope it's here to stay.

2  Thank MaggieValleyWeddings
There are newer reviews for Frankie's Italian Trattoria

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed dinner at Frankie's with friends and had pizza and wine. The Italian house wine is very good, not necessary to spend more money on "name brand" wines. The pizzas were large and very fresh ingredients. A good time was had by everyone in our group.

3  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wow! Were we happy we followed a friends recommendation to try Frankies!! This was true, home-made authentic Italian cooking. The chicken parmesan was exceptional as was the linguine with garlic and oil that I special requested. The staff was courteous and professional and the bartender made a great bloody mary.
And the price was great too. Did not expect to find this exceptional eatery in sleepy Maggie Valley but we were glad we did.

3  Thank sunshinegal24
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We decided to try for dinner after hearing many great things from friends. Only complaint we heard from others was the level of noise as there is a high ceiling with no noise absorbing artifacts.

Our waitress must have been new as she was not able to describe menu items or wines. The place is noisy. We all had different items and everyone was disappointed. I had some house special spicy chicken and it was dry, overcooked and over-rated. The specialty of Frankie?

I would not recommend this restaurant and the four of us have vowed not to go back. Perhaps it was a bad night but I was sorry we finally gave it a try. I will say again that others have liked it but with a personal 4 of 4 saying let's not go back - I thought I would write a review of our experience.

1  Thank TravelJKKK
Reviewed October 21, 2012

An excellent place for italian food. The service was great,the waitresses came around in timely fashion to check on you and refill your drinks. The prices were very reasonable for the amount of food we received.

2  Thank rapom1