“The best Italian food this side of Europe!”

Frankie's Italian Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Classic Italian comfort food, homemade Items like Lasagna, Manncotti Marinara, Alfredo & Ragu. Classic Items Like Pizza & veal parmigana & marsala, Family owned & operated and serving since 1971
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Out of this world as always! Had dinner with family from Kentucky and they totally loved it! My wife just got back from Italy and say it was just like being back! Anyone who isn't impressed with the real authentic Italian food found here hasn't been to Italy or partaken of REAL Italian food!

2  Thank Duane_Moody

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lunch was wonderful... the pizza was fantastic. Everyone in our party loved the food and the restaurant.

2  Thank TravelHappySews
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I came here on Labor Day evening. I had read the good reviews on the internet and frankly do not see it. We had spagetti and meatballs and soup. The soup was bland in taste and I only ate a few bites. The pasta was ok, just did not seem to be homemade marinara sauce.
Meatballs were good. Service was good.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Frankie's is the best authentic italian food to be found in the area. The owners are from Florida and they know how to cook. The veal was cooked to perfection and could be cut with a fork. The sauce was to die for. Portions ample, believe me you won't leave hungry.
My only complaint was that the service was too fast. I like to linger over my food and this was not an option. While you can stay as long as you like the food comes quickly. For some this could be a plus, especially if you are dining with children.
Locals complain that it is noisy. Guess they are not used to true Italian Family style eating. I'll take the little bit of noise for the amazing taste. Thank you Frankie's
PS: as for credit cards very few establishhments in Waynesville or Maggie Valley will accept AMX

1  Thank Rusty1011
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Six of us went for dinner. NO American Express! I really dislike when you are not informed until the end.

We ordered appetizer's, wine, and meals. Bread came out first and it was great, but no water, drinks or wine. We had to ask if we had a server as no one came to our table. The place is extremely noisy and you can hardly carry on a conversation with the people in your own party.

The meals were all screwed up. Three people got their food while three waited. When the first three finished eating, the meals for the rest of us came out. One was wrong and had to be sent back. Another arrived late. It was just very disappointing as it could have been a great experience, but turned out to be a poor one. They need a manager who oversees the servers, and they need it badly. They also need someone overseeing the kitchen, at least what comes out, how it comes out and when. I would suggest never going to this place during normal dining times. Go early or late, but never when there is a crowd because they do not have their act together. That is a shame.

2  Thank OpinionGuru