“good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 1, 2014

good food and great service. we were shocked how reasonable the prices were and the taste of the food we suggest you eat here

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Motel and the owner, Gabi, told us the diner was next door for breakfast. My husband & I walked in with our 3 grandchildren who we had taken for a Polar Express train ride the previous night in Bryson City. The tables were full except for one, a 4 top, and people were standing at the door. As soon as we walked in this woman yells across the room and wants to know if we are part of the 8. We had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently the standing group would eventually be a party of 8 when the others joined them. We said no and she yelled across the room that our wait would be awhile because this party of 8 was in front of us. Ok, we said thank you, but our grandchildren would get impatient so we left. No problem! As we were leaving the standing party came out and said to us "take the open table we are leaving". Ok, that's great and thank you. We walked backed in and the witch screeches across the room again "there's a party of 8 in front of you". We replied "they left and said for us to take the open table". She screeches again "I still don't have a table for 5". We were 4 and a highchair! She never said hello, smiled or anything. When I told her she had a terrible attitude she replied "well I'm busy!" I actually operate a small cafe on a school campus and if one of my employees spoke to anyone like she spoke to our family, she would immediately be unemployeed! I honestly don't think in my 51 years I have ever encountered such a bad attitude. I doubt she will be busy for long if she has to serve anyone other than tourists who don't know any better. We left and went to Wayneville for breakfast and then came back to the ski resort. When we go back to the area, which we do often, I would drive as far as necessary to avoid this place! All that said, our stay at the Holiday Motel was very nice. We had the 2 room suite since we were traveling with the grandchildren. It was very clean and cozy. Each room had a tv which was nice so the kids could watch cartoons if they wanted. We love the front porch with the rockers too. We met and talked with the owner, Gabi, who was very nice. Would stay here again and again.

1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and not over priced at all. There seems to be only three people who are running the place. The cook who does a great job, the guy who cleans the table who is very quick about it, & the lady who greets you and serves you who is quick and very friendly. We had a great meal and felt very relaxed. I plan on eating here at least once on our trips to Maggie valley north Carolina.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the best place to have a nice family or just a single breakfast in the valley. We visit Maggie Valley often and this is our favorite Breakfast spot. Great food,value and people. It is always open as well. All the food is great love the grits.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Always love to have breakfast at my very favorite diner. All of the food is great as well as the service. My favorite breakfast is 1 egg over easy, bacon, toast, hash browns with onions and a side of their special famous grits. Thank you Holiday Diner for a great breakfast. Love the friendly service. See you next time we come through the valley! The Dakins from Millington Tn.

1  Thank Melissa D