“Good home cooking!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Diner - CLOSED

Holiday Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating
“Good home cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a great home cooked country style breakfast to get us prepared for a visit to Wheels Throught Time down the road! Service and food were both great!

Visited May 2013

“Amazing BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We Eat Here Often But Had Never Had The BBQ. It Is Done Only On OccasioN As A Special. I thinkThe Bbq Here Puts Butts On The Creek To Shame. I Have Never Eaten A Bad Meal Here. It Is Always Amazing. Best Hot Dogs In WNC.

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Great place to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Holiday Diner in Maggie Valley is a small and often overlooked restaurant when people are traveling through. Don't overlook this place as the food and service are excellent. I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed. Yes, it's a small restaurant, but the food is better than what you can get in some of the bigger restaurants in the area.

Don't pass it by. You'll be glad you stopped there. The cooks, Steve and Marcus know what they're doing and many people say their omelets are the best. I wouldn't know because I don't eat them. Their home fries with onions are delicious. Bonnie, the waitress is very friendly and knowledgeable and the entire staff will work hard to give you what you ordered in good portions.

Summerville, SC
“Best Burgers!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had found this restaurant on Trip Advisor before our weekend trip to Maggie Valley and had made a mental note to check it out. We arrived in Maggie Valley around 2:30 on a Friday afternoon - starving - so I had my eyes open looking for a place to eat as we entered town. I immediately noticed the Holiday Diner and told hubby to pull in. Unfortunately, they are only open until 2:00 (at least at this time of the year that was their closing time each day). They are also closed on Monday and Wednesdays I believe the sign said. On Saturday however we ventured back to Holiday Diner for lunch and we are so glad we did. At the recommendation of several Trip Advisor post, we opted for burgers and were not disappointed. I had the regular burger and fries and it was literally the best burger I have ever had. They hand pat their own patties and they are HUGE! My husband got the specialty burger "The Piedmont" which had their homemade pimento cheese on it and he said it was wonderful as well. You could tell everyone else in the restaurant were locals as everyone seemed to know each other and the staff. Burgers were so good, we stopped on the way out of town the very next day for one last burger! They serve breakfast all the time as well which is what a lot of the other people were eating when we were there.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TLuntsford
Waynesville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Holiday Diner in Maggie Valley is Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have eaten at the Holiday Diner a number of times. It has the best breakfast in Haywood County. Steve, the owner and chef, makes a homemade corn beef hash that is really, really tasty. And the pancakes are great, with REAL maple syrup to make them even better. There is also a lot of variety in its breakfast menu. For lunch, I really like their sandwiches. My personal favorite is the Reuben, as the meat is not of the packaged variety. The main server, Bonnie, is very efficient and nice. They are not open for evening meals, but if you're looking for a fantastic breakfast or lunch, the Holiday Diner is quite a place.

• Visited April 2013