“It's a Bar”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Atlanta
“It's a Bar”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

A few years ago, we stopped in and I recall enjoying the beer selection and wings. Seems like someone else at our table had a good burger. I had a positive recollection so when we found ourselves hungry in Maggie Valley we decided to stop in.

And they still have a good assortment of beer. And the wings are pretty good. But, I'm afraid, that's about all you can say for it.

First and foremost, remember that this place is a BAR. Don't order anything 'exotic' - the quesadilla rolls, onion rings, french fries are straight from the freezer, the Cuban came on stale bread with dried meats (they probably get one order a day, I imagine) and while you'd think they couldn't screw up a grilled cheese sandwich, they certainly did. Interestingly, the wings do NOT come with celery - we had to order a side for ninety nine cents. Seriously.

Stick with bar food: hot dogs, burgers, nachos and wings and you should be fine. Do not go if you're expecting anything beyond the basics. I won't ever bring my family there again but should I ever be in town with a fishing buddy after a long day on the streams, I'd probably still be willing to stop in for a beer and a bite.

• Visited March 2014

Cherokee, North Carolina
“Really bad I hate to say”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We came here 5-6 times the first month we lived here and the food quality is just terrible and it is obvious it is poorly run. It has a lot of potential but needs new management or chef. Waitresses are nice but seem bored and demotivated. We will try again in a year...

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average food, good service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for dinner when we arrived in Maggie valley. Recommended appetizer was average along with the burger. Good beer selection and the chocolate cake was good.

Visited March 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good food and lots of tvs”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went here to just check the place out. Its a sports bar and grill and they have lots of tvs so you could watch about any sport you want. Wife had the turkey wrap and it was huge and very good according to her. She wasnt able to finish it, I had the garlic herb chicken wings and they where very tasty. They also had a very large selection of beer but I did not try any because someone had to drive us to the motel ! Service was great and very quick

Visited March 2014
North Georgia
“Unexpected & Cozy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at a hotel close by this weekend. Walked to Legends for dinner both nights. Warm fireplace after being out in the snow all day. TVs galore to watch and everything we had was tasty. Meaty crispy wings, yummy burgers and a great beer selection.

• Visited February 2014