“WAS good....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been at the Pin High Bar and Grille several times. It had great food, great value, friendly staff and a very nice
location and feel.
This time, it was apparent the ownership or management had changed. The food was run of the mill and overpriced
The "Sunday Brunch" was very pricy, sparse and what was there was dry and lacked attention from the staff. I'd
much rather go to Shoneys buffet and pay less than half what I paid for terrible food.
Our server was not friendly at
all and we felt we were bothering her. Such a shame!

1  Thank Rentayenta

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon MVCC a year ago and now we make sure to stop by every time we visit Maggie Valley. From just a quick hot dog to the AMAZING salads. You really can't go wrong. Walk off the grub by taking a stroll through the beautiful gardens around the grounds.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate there weekly last year with friends and family. Have been there three times since reopening for this season. All were terrible! Onion soup not available every day as last year. Soup, salad and sandwich all served at the dame time despite having told server to stage food. Sandwhich ended ip inder a heat lamp. Don't servers listen??? Trio salad was enough for a child, but meager for an adult and not acceptable. Bill with oce tea wad nearly $20 per person without tip. Hard to justify going here anymore. Needs major revamping. New menu is also terrible. No inginuity or creativity.

1  Thank OpinionGuru
Maggie Valley C... R, Director of Sales at Pin High Bar and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy visiting the Pin High Bar & Grille this past summer. 2013 was a big transition year for us. Honours Golf became our new management company and made many noticeable changes to the property. I hope that you will return this summer and give us another chance!

Thank you!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while traveling to Asheville. We found a gem of a lunch spot. The lunch started with tri-color nachos. One order was shared by all five of us, and was tasty and satisfying. Each of us had a different lunch item and all were well prepared and flavorful. The server was fun and helpful in choosing the right items for each of us. We ate on the outdoor patio and enjoyed the fall colors and a nice sunny afternoon. Definitely worth stopping for lunch or perhaps consider staying in one of their accommodations.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

On the last night of our vacation, we wanted a special dinner. Based on the ratings from this site, we decided to try Pin High Bar and Grille. When we pulled into the parking lot at the golf course, I almost thought we were at the wrong place because there were so few cars in the parking lot. We were, however, in the right place. On a Saturday night, there were only three other tables occupied, and those gentlemen were thoroughly enjoying the UGA-USC football game, though I suspect they were enjoying it less later in the evening, as they were UGA fans and the Gamecocks clobbered Georgia that night. The relaxed, unhurried atmosphere made for a very special evening.

My boyfriend and I both ordered the filet with potatoes au gratin. The steak was cooked perfectly, melt in your mouth tender, seasoned to perfection. The pan sauce was outstanding, and the potatoes were the best I've ever had.

I highly recommend leaving the busy-ness of Soco Road and giving the Pin High a try. You won't regret it.