“Great food, beautiful location!”

Pin High Bar and Grille
Ranked #18 of 40 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Knoxville
“Great food, beautiful location!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while traveling to Asheville. We found a gem of a lunch spot. The lunch started with tri-color nachos. One order was shared by all five of us, and was tasty and satisfying. Each of us had a different lunch item and all were well prepared and flavorful. The server was fun and helpful in choosing the right items for each of us. We ate on the outdoor patio and enjoyed the fall colors and a nice sunny afternoon. Definitely worth stopping for lunch or perhaps consider staying in one of their accommodations.

• Visited October 2012

West Monroe, Louisiana
“Maggie's best kept secret”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On the last night of our vacation, we wanted a special dinner. Based on the ratings from this site, we decided to try Pin High Bar and Grille. When we pulled into the parking lot at the golf course, I almost thought we were at the wrong place because there were so few cars in the parking lot. We were, however, in the right place. On a Saturday night, there were only three other tables occupied, and those gentlemen were thoroughly enjoying the UGA-USC football game, though I suspect they were enjoying it less later in the evening, as they were UGA fans and the Gamecocks clobbered Georgia that night. The relaxed, unhurried atmosphere made for a very special evening.

My boyfriend and I both ordered the filet with potatoes au gratin. The steak was cooked perfectly, melt in your mouth tender, seasoned to perfection. The pan sauce was outstanding, and the potatoes were the best I've ever had.

I highly recommend leaving the busy-ness of Soco Road and giving the Pin High a try. You won't regret it.

• Visited October 2012
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Excellent food. Worth going back!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We really enjoyed the food for our lunch. I had their burger with mushrooms and onions with well done fries, and my wife had a Greek salad with grilled chicken. The food was excellent. They even had relish for the burger and for me, that is a must.

The place was a bit noisy from the e huberance of the golfers who had just arrived after we were seated. It was loud in their but they were having fun and were supporting the place.

The waiter was extremely pleasant but he had a few mis-steps. When our food came out, he carried it to another table to deliver soup to someone who came in after us. when my food comes out of the kitchen, I want it brought to my table immediately, not taken for a restaurant tour where others look at it, smell it, breath on it or check it out. The server needs to deal with each table individually, not for the convenience of saving steps. Refills of the ice tea were hard to get also, as there were only two servers visible.

Aside from that, we will definately go back. It's all about the food. I commented to the server regarding his error and he was polite. Hopefully he will learn and this place will earn five stars from me.

Plenty of parking, outdoor seating also, especially for smokers.

Go, you will enjoy it!

• Visited May 2012
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Fantastic Buffet!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I had the Easter buffet at the Pin High Bar and Grille. In a word, the food was fantastic! Everything from scrambled eggs, cheese grits, sausage, bacon and biscuits, to carved roast beef, salmon, chicken, and many vegetables, to include green beans, peas and carrots, potatoes and gravy, and a variet of salads and desserts. The meal was worth every bit of the cost, a little more than $20 per person. We have not eaten a regular dinner in the restaurant, but if the quality of food and freshness of the buffet is any indication of the lunch and dinner menus, it would be a great meal and at a reasonable cost. The dining room area overlooks a varanda and the golf course, with mountain views in the background. A very pleasant and comfortable dining experience. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous, without being overbearing. Very attentive. We will be going back for future dining out evenings.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank gdt655
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Terrific for residents and visitors”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great fun on Trivia night (Wednesday) in season. Food is wonderful day or night. Menu is flexible as is the staff. The atmosphere is warm and friendly dining with friends or as a couple. Drinks are generous and beers are $1.00

• Visited December 2011