“Great food and service”

Rendezvous Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You can find the Rendezvous Restaurant attached to the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center located on "The Coolest Corner in the Valley". The Rendezvous Restaurant and the Inn are American owned and operated. Drop by and enjoy some of the best food in Western North Carolina. No place in the Smokies will you find the best mix of food like our Southern Fried Chicken, Ribs, tender steaks, hand breaded seafood and the best hand breaded Chicken Tenders in the south. The Rendezvous atmosphere is a blend of fine dining and good old home town casual. Nowhere are you going to find the best in dining than here on the coolest corner. We are proud to announce the addition of the "Maggie Valley Inn Pizzeria". We now serve the best hand tossed, cooked in a traditional Brick oven, fresh Pizza and Calzones. So take some time and look at what the Rendezvous has to offer. We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends, at the "Vous" located at the coolest corner in Maggie.
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Great food and service at the Rendezvous last night. My friends and I visited and tried lots of different things. I love the ceasar salad and pizza. Chicken tenders are great too. We will be back!

elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

So pleased you and your friends enjoyed your meal. From your picture it looks like our white pizza with pepperoni added....we agree YUM!!! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Have been several times to eat at the bar. Food is usually great but the bartender, I believe her name is Amy, always makes me feel like I and my guests are an annoyance to her. Never smiles at us, but I watch her smile at other customers. Acts aggravated when asked questions. She does not do this to patrons I've noticed. I really loved coming here but probably won't be back for a while if ever because honestly, who wants to go hang out somewhere that they feel unwelcome? Friendly bartenders are a must!

1  Thank sadie234567

We apologize you felt staff was unwelcoming. We appreciated each and every customer and again apologize you felt otherwise. We will continue to work on staff training as our bar is quite busy. We hope you will give another opportunity.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Went for dinner based on recommendation from motel staff; supposedly had great fried chicken. Ordered chicken, but nothing unique or great about it. Generous portions, friendly service and varied menu. Ok meal, but nothing that says come back soon!!

Thank you for choosing the Rendezvous! Our fried chicken is cooked to order in a pressure cooker deep fryer and we usually get rave reviews, sorry you did feel great about it. Glad you were pleased with the service and portions.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

We have been enjoying eating at the bar with Janette as our bartender. Great food and great service!

elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rendezvous on TripAdvisor. Janette has been with the Rendezvous for over 10 years and we agree is great!!! We will certainly share your great review with her and we hope you stop in again when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We are generally never the type of people to leave negative reviews, but we felt this experience warranted such.

Upon entering the atmosphere is very dated and could be cleaner. We were greeted promptly and given a table right away. It took awhile before a server came to take our order. We are trying to low carb so we both ordered grilled chicken salads and drinks. After waiting a good 35 minutes, in which time out server disappeared, I walked up to the bar tender and asked if she could find our server for us. Within another 5 -10 mins. she appeared with some very sad salads which consisted of a bowl of tired iceberg lettuce (with the pinkish edges which tells me it is too old) two cherry tomatoes and one slice of cucumber topped with very dry, hard chicken. We ate a few bites and asked for our check. When they hunted our server down again, we told her it was not edible. She gave us the bill which was for the full amount. She never came back to take care of the check so we had to go up to the front to pay. No appology, no offer to bring something else.

1  Thank rkmama
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Rendezvous Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

First let me apologize for several areas where we did not make sure your dining experience was positive. Our salads are usually the largest and freshest in the area and we apologize you did not get this. This is our busy time and we are training new staff but we should have caught this problem. I try to make it to tables and I apologize I overlooked you. Our health Rating is 98 and our booths were just recovered this May. You should never have paid for the salads you did not eat and I will continue to work with new staff on that issue. I apologize again and would love to have you come back for our grilled fresh chicken tender salad on us or contact me for a full refund. Please ask for Beth or Mike and again we apologize.