“Wonderful Stay”

Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Love love this place. Everything is just wonderful. Great view on the beautiful creek. Pool was awesome. Rooms clean. Host of the lodge was so helpful and friendly. Very pleased. I will stay here again next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DeeCobb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the first time I stumbled across Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge to the may times I have returned by myself and with large groups, It just keeps getting better. The staff goes above & beyond to see to your total satisfaction with the Inn and its services. This is the place to stay while in Maggie Valley, NC

Room Tip: Have the staff tell you about the rooms. Then choose. You can't go wrong
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Looking forward to another wonderful trip to Maggie Valley in July. Our group which typically ranges from 50 to 75 have been riding to Maggie Valley and staying at the Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge for the last 6 to 7 years. The Lodge is conveniently located to numerous restaurants and entertainment centers within easy walking distance. Carol and her fine staff have always catered to all of our request and needs and even provides hoses and towels for those who wish to wash their motorcycles.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and spacious whether creekside or not.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was planning a trip to this hotel and was excited with the reviews but spent three hours attempting to call the 800 number and the other number. When I did contact someone I made the comment that I had been calling for three hours and the lady got smart and said in a rude tone she was checking out other guest and taking care of them. Said I under stand and was asking about rooms and she quoted three, I asked about the difference between them and she said well you just think about it and call back. And hung up...
Unsure if this will be the stay for me. Comments said customer satisfaction funny never got to be a customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
AnnMaggieValley, Owner at Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your telephone call experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service to our guests.

There are always two sides to every story. As I stated to you during our conversation, we were very busy the morning of your attempted telephone calls. We were busy with a large group reservation that was checking out and making reservations for their visit next year. During that period of time I let the telephone calls go to voicemail.

We have two group reservations coming from the Nashville area this year. I quoted you the discount rates for the types of rooms available. I got the impression that you were not pleased with the discount rates your group negotiated with me. Again, I got the impression that you were not going to be making your reservation at that time so I said "why don't you think about it and give us a call later when you have made your decision what you would like to do" Because at that point, more guests were coming into the office to checkout and make their reservations for the following year. You said,"ok", not...I would like to make my reservation now...

We do apologize for any misunderstanding you may have and hope that you will join your group with us this summer.

Regards,
Carol Burrell
Host
Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
800-621-1260
Amherst Junction, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had just drove 14hrs. from Wisconsin to Maggie Valley. Creekside Lodge was the first stop and gosh was it an excellent choice. Ms. Linda has a great smile and her hospitality skills are excellent. Ms. Linda recommended a eating establishment which fed me to my stomachs content. She put me in a "creek side" room and the running waters put me to sleep. Thank you!

The next morning I was greeted by a warm smile and a conversation that I could still be having with Ms. Carol. I enjoy people who look you in your eyes with a smile!

When coming through Maggie Valley; this will be the place I stay. I look forward to the return visit.

Cheers

Room Tip: 2nd level; creek side in the NW corner.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed three nights at the Lodge. It was clean and quiet. The staff was nice and helpful during our stay. I was there for the Can-Am Spyder event. The Lodge staff had towels out for us to wipe our Spyders down upon our return and even had a hose available if we chose to wash them.

Room Tip: Any lower level on the creek side would be good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrfats55
North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Whether coming with a group of bikers or staying alone, I've always had a great experience year after year after year. Welcoming hosts Carol and Rebecca pour on that southern hospitality and make you feel right at home. The rooms are neat, comfortable and clean. Beds are soft. Sheets and towels are fresh and clean. The large deck beside the creek is relaxing and great for group meetings or just being lazy. The rocking chairs outside the rooms are welcoming after a long day's ride. The waterhose and rags for bikers remind you that you are in biker-friendly territory. The 24 hour pool is refleshing on a hot summer day or night. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Wheels Through Time American Motorcycle Museum is just down the street. The Blue Ridge Parkway is just a few miles away. The Creekside Lodge makes a perfect headquarters for riding lots of great twisties including the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. It's a great place for non-bikers as well. I've never been disappointed with this great little creekside motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends