“Fantastic, family friendly place with lovely rooms and especially friendly staff!!”

Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We came in to stay for a week, and were so impressed by the accommodations and the friendly staff. We're a family of five and stayed in the 3 bedroom suite. With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and kitchen, there was plenty of space for our family to spread out and feel right at home. The master bedroom had a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub. There was enough space that even the teenager could find a place to sit and relax or watch tv.
There was a laundry room, which was great for our week long stay, and having a full kitchen saved us a ton on meals.
Maggie Valley was a very nice little spot to stay, and it's easy to get to Waynesville and Asheville. After we'd explored the local area and Asheville, we did daily treks into Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains. Even driving on the highway to get to those cities offers a spectacularly beautiful drive. This whole area is just gorgeous, and we're so glad that we were able to spend so much time here.
I'd highly recommend the Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge for either a grown up getaway or a family excursion. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and the staff could not have been nicer.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
S.C.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

February 16-17,2013
Really liked the friendly check in welcome we got. This was our second time staying and looking forward to going back. Rooms very clean and warm (the heater was already on). Loved going out on porch to see and hear the water. Ms. Carol (the host) very helpful and friendly. She told us about the best restaurants and even gave us a coupon. Thanks Ms. Carol. Can't wait to see you again. I recommend this place to family's or newly weds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gingingin
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Came in on a rainy night on my bike and had a great time at the pool. After the rain went away I rode my Harley until it was dark and came back to a bonfire next to the river. Great time awesome staff....

Columbus

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Doterx2
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I found this hotel on Tripadvisor and saw the great reviews. I was drawn to it due to the fact the kids would be able to walk outside and see the river. When checking in I was greeted by Carol. You can tell she takes pride in her work and was anxious to answer my questions about local restaurants and attractions. I requested a bottom room due to our kids and all the "stuff" we have. Once in the room it was perfect! We enjoyed the refrigerator and the Microwave. The best part was that we were frozen after being out in the cold and was surprised to find Hot Chocolate that I could make for the kids. Great place....we will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda H
Pelzer, South Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

As my husband and I checked in we were ask if we needed anything. The young clerk was very professional and polite. If I had forgotten to bring anything, I felt sure I could ask and she would be more than happy to oblige. She had turned on the heat and started the fridge. It was cold and ready to use. The room was clean and stocked with freah towels. We just love the hospitality Creekside provides. We have stayed with them many times and we know what we getting before we get there. At check-out the treatment was the same. We will opt to stay at Creekside every visit to Maggie Valley. Oh, and the Christmas decorations, absolutely beautiful! If you are looking for a relaxing, comfortable, and enjoyable place to stay in Maggie Valley chose Creekside lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom have quick access to the creek.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank post240
toccoa ga
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room was very clean with all the basics...hotel staff was friendly but all the walkways were wooden and our room was 106 at the bottom of stairs...DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM if you want some piece and quiet you can hear all of the traffic of the people going up and down the stairway another room might have a better atmosphere. Wanted to request another room but service desk was sparse, closed early, and was also missing at checkout.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 106 or any room under the stairway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty B
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was one of the best places I have stayed in the mountains. Stayed for 4 nights. Loved the view. It was nice and quiet back off the road. Carol was AWESOME!!! She has a wonderful personality!. The only downfall was the pool was closed and I was really looking forward to using the pool. I was a little disappointed with that. However I would stay here again when the pool is open. Thanks for making my stay a good one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends