“Good food but a little overpriced”
Review of Hurley's Creekside - CLOSED

Hurley's Creekside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food was good. I had the mountain trout which was very good. The service was a little slow but the server was running his legs off.

skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello Deedoolee, Very pleased you enjoyed our trout dinner, Sorry you feel it was pricey as if you compare our fresh trout, you will see we are below others here in the valley,regardless we are happy you left us a review, Thank again

Steve Hurley

There are newer reviews for Hurley's Creekside

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My mother and I had a wonderful meal here while on a weekend getaway. Steve's hospitality as wonderful, the service was excellent and sitting at a table overlooking the creek by candlelight with good wine and great food.... Just a lovely time.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food was good and it was delivered in a timely manner considering they were pretty busy. However, I have worked in the restaurant business as a waitress before while I was in college. And I have also visited enough restaurants to know when the customer is valued.

Our waitress never seemed to be pleased that we were there in the first place. She just gave you the feeling that your presence and questions annoyed her. It took too long for our drinks to arrive to our table. When I worked as a waitress, we had 2 minutes to have the drinks to the table from the time they were ordered. Then, when our food was brought to us, it was dropped off and she walked away. She did not ask if we needed anything. We flagged her down and asked for tartar sauce. It never came. So, we asked someone else. Still no tartar sauce. Finally, the third person we asked brought us the tartar sauce. My husband was out of water and so was the couple across from us. Our waitress walked past us repeatedly without even glancing down to see if we needed anything.

I did bring these problems to the attention of the manager. And he just had someone else come and refill our water which was when we were done with our meal. That is all that was done. Although the manager seemed genuinely concerned, he was not proactive in speaking with us and apologizing or anything like that. He asked who our waitress was and walked away. My husband and I had a completely opposite experience in another restaurant at the beach. This manager was at our table and apologizing before we were even aware of the problem. That is how the managers always were at the restaurant that I worked for. They knew as much that was going on at someones table as that waiter or waitress. Management makes all the difference. Your customers satisfaction has to be forefront in your mind. You have to be proactive and on the ball. Don't get me wrong, I saw this manager working hard, but it seemed more focused towards table turn over. We also aren't saying that our service experience was the same experience as everyone else in the restaurant. We saw some other waiters and waitresses working hard and being more efficient.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Four of us actually called our food in. When we went to pick it up it wasn't quite finished. We waited in the bar and got a drink. It's really nice and clean. The food is very good. Nice variety. Friendly waitstaff . Looking forward to going there again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food was great. Their menu contained items for every taste. The wait was incredibly long, so don't wait until you are hungry. Go early.