“Best Dinner in the Valley”
Review of Hurley's Creekside - CLOSED

Hurley's Creekside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Lindale, Georgia
“Best Dinner in the Valley”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have become addicted to this restaurant. The servers and service are better than any other place we have visited. The food here is always Super. Try the Prime Rib one time and you will come back again. They have a great menu and we have never got anything that wasn't wonderful. Sure, we have tried other restaurants in the valley, but we always come back to Hurley's. The prices are right and as I stated the service is fantastic.

Visited August 2013
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for yet again for another great review, and no to some of our readers, this couple are not related to me, just good customers that visit Maggie Valley, I am probably one of the few in this industry that refuse to allow false reviews, meaning my employees or relatives, I stick with exactly Trip advisors rules, unlike some here in the valley that insist employees write their own, If we cannot get honest reviews, good or bad, I do not want any, you should be leary of a resturant that has all excellent reviews, we all have an off night occasionally. Thank you to everyone that does send in reviews, it helps us grow . Steve Hurley

Bethlehem, NY
“A+ for effort, A for result”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate at Hurley's based on the recommendation of the front desk clerk at our hotel in Maggie Valley, and were glad we did. We called to see if they took reservations - after riding on the Blue Ridge PKY all day we were tired and not in the mood to wait for a table. We walked in the door and were seated within three minutes on the "porch" a cheerful little room off the main dining room. Waitress brought us our drinks quickly, took our orders and returned with nice, fresh salads within a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, one of the many teenage boys who appeared to work as busboys and assistant servers, came by with a basket of warm rolls and butter. When dinner arrived, my "baby back ribs" were as advertised: the meat literally fell off the bones. I ate every morsel. They were the best I have ever eaten anywhere. Hubby's grilled trout was on the bland side, but moist and fresh-tasting otherwise - and completely boned and filleted. His veggie medley was a little overdone, but seemed to have been fresh to start with. He pronounced his large baked potato, "excellent".

Our waitress did an exceptional job of dealing with a difficult customer at the next table - an elderly lady and gentleman who seemed to be a regular customers ; the woman complained non-stop about the food. Her salad was too big. Then her entree arrived too soon and there was too much of it. The owner arrived and took the entrees away while the woman wailed and whined. The entrees (fresh ones, not reheated) arrived awhile later and we noticed that the old gal hardly touched hers. All the leftovers went into a styrofoam take-home container and it looked nearly full. All the time, the server appeared cheerful and unflustered.

Our bill, with three beers and two entrees was $42 - a bargain.

If you're looking for a good place to eat in Maggie Valley, try Hurley's. We were impressed! Sorry we live 1000 miles away - we probably won't be back!

nc coast
“End of season blues!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I ate here with a group of friends at the end of September. I must say that they did a great job of getting us all seated, there were 20 of us. The problem was, I think they must have been short handed, because there was only one waitress for out whole group, and that poor gal ran her legs off!

Most of the group ate steak and I don't think anyone was happy with it. The price was fairly expensive for the grade of meat that we were served. Like a lot of restaurants in the area, by the end of the summer they are just wore out from all the tourists. I call this the "End of the season Blues".

I will surly give them another chance when I am back in the area and you should too!

• Visited September 2013
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Harleyman, Wow what a change in reviews since you left, We were not short handed at all andTina your server has been doing this for many of years and has had much larger groups than yours, I think things came up when she could not pull up one of your checks ( they were all separate) and some of your party got somewhat anxious to leave. Our prime rib is choice angus that is slow cooked in the auto sham and is hand cut to order, Im sorry you didn't express your dislike when I came to the table to check on everything, as I do each table each night, We do hope you return soon , Thank you for your review, Steve Hurley
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“The creekside table made up for a lot”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We dined at Hurley's on our last evening in Maggie Valley, and went early to secure a creekside table.That part was perfect. We were originally going to order a burger and the prime rib sandwich, but decided to go the dinner route. As Hurley's proudly proclaims they are the #1 steak house, I was all for it. However, there isn't a lot of variety in the steak menu, with a ribeye (2 sizes) a top sirloin, and a chopped steak and gravy. I'm sorry, but a prime rib choice is another entree entirely, and does not belong in the steak line up. So I went with the sirloin, not expecting much, as sirloin is sirloin and that's what I got. I do not blame the restaurant, they did a good enough job with what they were given, and the fries were excellent. Unfortunately, the wife's trout was fishy, and the mashed potato side dish was cold.

The worst part of the meal was the salad bar. It added $3.95 to the price of the meal, and is a ridiculous $7.95 for a stand alone meal. There's nothing on it to justify the $3.95 upcharge; some iceberg lettuce, Baco's, a vegetable or two and shredded yellow cheese. Certainly not what a restaurant trying to be what Hurley's is attempting should offer.

Service was excellent, even from a trainee. None of the kitchens sins should ever be visited upon the server, and we made sure she and her shadow knew this.

Had we gone with our gut and gotten the burger/prime rib sandwich, this would have been a glowing review, as the creekside table made up for a lot of the mediocrity.

Visited September 2013
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear,Greg, Thank you for your trip advisor review, sorry for a few discrepancies , Im not quite sure why you would think our prime rib is not a steak, As for the salad bar there are hundreds of eating establishments that have a salad bar as an entree, and charge at great deal more, , there are over 21 fresh vegetables each day from the farmers market put out on it. I certainly wish you would have informed the server regarding your wife's trout, as this is very unusual for us to hear, how ever we learn from issues like this, so again thank you for your review, Steve Hurley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The truth concerning a reply from Hurley to our review... an honest review..”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

While I can understand the owner wanting to reply and save face, doing so dishonestly makes it worse and is decieving to others. The food was just as stated by my partner/husband and we ARE NOT THE COUPLE WITH A GROUP. We always travel alone so no, you don't remember us...nice try. So again, we did not have to wait for a table as there were tons available at 3pm because we chose to go at an off time for a quieter experience.. maybe it was an off day but when we asked if the manager was available without saying why, we were told "she" was off premesis for lunch. While seemingly odd, we did not have time to waste hanging around...SENIOR ADVISOR or not. What difference does that make, it doesn't change the food. Another low blow and diversion. Anyway, as a Jonathan's creekside regular, (which is next door) we had a couple who stayed next to us who apparently had the same experience but didn't use trip advisor unfortunately.. just be honest, suck up the fact you had a bad night and quit the blame game. We are business owners and realize bad days come and go and so do people..it don't change our practice, it improves it.

To honesty,

HD chick.

• Visited September 2013
Ok lets start from the beginning, first of all are you sure you have the correct restaurant? Im asking because we do not open until 4.p.m. everyday, so if you were indeed here at three, we would certainly have lots of open tables. Secondly I do not open for lunch and never have. As for the dishonesty, sorry I call it like it was. And 3rd, I do not have a female manager, so Im inclined to think you perhaps were in the wrong location, sometimes this happens, As a business owner yourself, Im sure you will agree that neither one of have the time to play games, if you do respond I will at this time decline to play, However thank you for your response, we do take constructive criticism to help us grow as you do, only if it is true however. As for me "sucking it up" I have.

Sincerely Steve Hurley