“Never again!”
Review of Hurley's Creekside - CLOSED

Hurley's Creekside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Horrible experience and the owner is so rude! I can't imagine acting in such a manner being a business owner. The food is way overpriced and forget about ordering a mix drink cause it is completely watered down. Also, the crowd of people this restaurant is attracting is trash. My car door got scratched there by some low class people that I saw getting out of the car, and to make it worst they know some of the people that work there and hang out. Will never return.

1  Thank Stormie2383
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear stormie, We knew when you came in we were not going to please you, After the second drink was denied to you and your party, I tried to explain about the N.C. State law, about serving intoxicated people, we could loose our license, and serving you would certainly not be worth, At this time you claim someone scratched your car, when I went to look at it, I honestly could not tell because of the other dents and scratches, was this an insurance ply? At the end of your review you said you would never come back, I think this would also be a good ideal. Steve Hurley

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Located right beside of where we were staying we decided to walk over there and try it out the night we arrived. We were seating in a room towards the back with dimmed lights, a fire, & creek side, candle on the table & snowing outside... it was amazing! The people were very nice, service & food were wonderful!

1  Thank SFearman
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The restaurant is in a very quaint old building with lots of character and charm. We were seated in a room with mostly all windows overlooking the creek and it had a cozy electric fireplace going.

Our waiter was very pleasant, knowledgeable and speedy.

I had the best trout I've ever had in a restaurant and the other two in my family enjoyed their meals as well.

We will definitely eat here again when we go back to Maggie Valley.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

What do you when a wonderful dear friend makes a date, buys a dress.....and gets stood up on New Years Eve? And his answer to her came via his text?
After labeling the schmuck with a new low, you convince her to get dressed again, meet you out and show it off. Who cares if its 9pm & 38 degrees? So what? From a spur to get out of our pajamas an hour earlier, leave out and meet up to eat,....we ended up driving to Maggie Valley. For it was New Years Eve. Wasn't going to waste the final hours of a year that we both could easily forget, not to mention her earlier rude treatment. So in essence we were out, only more saying goodbye to the old year if one really wants to know. Wow what a beautiful drive with my beautiful friend in stunning attire. We drove through town with 3-4 miles of brightly lit Christmas lights to warm the spirit. Then glancing up, to see mountains outlined in the moonlight on both sides of the main thouroughfare. We spy HURLEYs restaurant with no shortage of patrons, walk in, get seated, and get waited on immediately. The staff couldn't have beenmore nice even though the place was hopping. There was no shortage of hospitality for us latent party-crashers, greeted us and were given hats, noise-makers & balloons. We ate, danced, laughed, put on party hats and enjoyed our stop to the ninth degree. Also had complimentary Champagne to welcome the new year.
It was 2am when the last call came, but want to say thank you to the management & staff. Food and service was great. One thing's for sure. Not only do you guys really know how to make an out of towner welcome...you also made my (local) friends' night. Her dress was smashing too.
I'll go back there..
Go to Hurleys. Eat & Tell em Jay said so.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I visit this restaurant pretty regularly, but will not be anymore! I work in the area and in the past, this was the only place open late in Maggie Valley. You used to be able to leave the ski area and come down and have a beer after they closed, but not anymore! We (5 of us) tried to go there right at 11pm one night and they were already closed!!! In the past they've been open til 2am! There's no regular hours posted, so it's a game of chance if you're trying to head there late for a drink!
When finally made it there when they were open last week and the service was horrible!!! We had about 7 of us in there for a beer after the ski area closed. Two of the guys in our group ordered the same beer, but the keg was empty and they could only get half a beer. So the bartender told them they could just have it. When it came time to pay, the bartender (blonde girl) brought the checks and told us they were closing. (It was barely past midnight on a Friday) When they guys looked at their tabs, she had charged him $2 for the half a beer she GAVE them. (Price for the full beer would have been $4) When we called her over to ask her about it, all we got was attitude. She told him that if he didn't want to pay for it, then he shouldn't have drank it, even though she had originally told him he could just have it! She never once even apologized for running out of the beer in the first place and then still charged for what little she did give him!
In my experience as a restaurant manager and bartender, if I ran out of something like that and could not fulfill someone's order, you just give it to them, free of charge. And you never argue with a customer and give them attitude!! What happened to the customer is always right mentality?!
This used to be a great place to come eat and drink at in the Valley, but not anymore! If you're looking for a welcoming place to get some late night drink and great customer service, try the Tipping Point Tavern in Waynesville. That's our new after skiing beer joint. It a little further of a drive, but at least they're open and the bartenders are actually friendly!!!

hurleysmaggievalley, General Manager at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I would like to apologize for your unusual experience at our restaurant and invite you and your friends out to make up for this mishap, the bartender from that night is no longer with us.

I will say that there is no explanation or excuse for the horrible service you were provided that night, but I can assure you that it will not, ever, happen again.

I would also like to take this opportunity to explain our recent change in hours of operation. As you know from working in the area, outside of holiday weekends, late night traffic in Maggie Valley in the winter time slows to little or sometimes nothing. It isn't cost effective or wise to keep staff, lights, gas, etc. on and running when the volume isn't available to cover the cost.