“Great food and great service!”
Review of Hurley's Creekside - CLOSED

Hurley's Creekside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We are an older couple who ride motorcycles and love staying in Maggie Valley. Last year we started going to eat at Hurley's. We met a waiter by the name of Dane and because he had went to school in Charlotte, NC we started talking and just found him to be a great young man and he took such good care of us in the reastuarant. Last week we went there and learned he was no longer there which of course disappointed us. That did not last long. Our waiter was a fine young man named Wes. He told us he was in the guards. Has a daughter under a year old. He just went out of his way to take care of. Bringing our drinks, salads and main course all on time. Had us some dessert packed to go back to the hotel with us. He was great. Such a fine young man. Our food was so good. I had prime rib and my boyfriend had ribeye steak. I don't think we have ever been there and not been satisfied with everything we have tried. And Wes and the management made this last trip even better. We highly recommend it. We will continue going back and we will ask for Wes!

1  Thank Lindamilling

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We started off with french onion soup, it was poor. This was followed by a fresh salad and a wonderful prime rib. Over all this is a very good meal. The decor of Hurley's was pleasant. I enjoyed the sound of rain on the porch roof but did not appreciate the super cheap flatware and paper napkins when spending $60 plus for dinner for two. (These would be fine for lunch but not dinner.)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

They are family owned, and several of their kids work there. They are some the most pleasant people I have met. Food was great and atmosphere calming. I have been to another steak house in Maggie and was greatly disapointed.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've been going to Maggie Valley for 30 years (we have a vacation home there) and have watched restaurants come and go. Hurley's has one of the best locations in the valley...right on the creek. Atmosphere is good with both indoor and outdoor seating. Food was good, service was mediocre. My mom and I both ordered steaks, prime rib and a rib eye, and while they were both tasty and cooked to our request, our server Rachel, never came back to inquire. In fact, I had to ask a server that was helping the next table to us find Rachel for us so that we could have the bill. My martini, served in a martini glass, was yummy as was mom's Pinot Grigio. We liked that they participated in the 1/2 goes to charity option. Her wine was served in a glass as was her water. My iced tea came in a giant plastic tumbler with Pepsi emblazoned on the side. Tacky... The silverware was of a much cheaper quality than the location, menu and ambience deserve. And a personal pet peeve...if there are candles on the table and it's dinnertime, please light the candles before the guest requests a match! All in all, Hurley's has a tremendous potential that is long overdue for Maggie Valley. Pay a bit more attention to detail and give J Arthur's a real run for their money!!!

hurleysmaggievalley, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We have addressed this matter with Rachel and apologize for your unusual experience at Hurley's. We would appreciate the opportunity to correct this situation, please contact Steve, Julie or myself (Michael) at your earliest convenience. 828.926.1566 / michael@hurleysmaggievalley.com

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ate at Hurley's on recommendation of the Ghost Town in the Sky staff. It was a great meal. The prime rib was the best I have ever had. The service was excellent and the price, we were there for the Hurleybird special, was outstanding. If you are in Maggie or close by It is worth the trip.